DIY Custom Topwaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jski/panhnd,
    those look great! been wanting to try my hand, have a few hundred topwaters/corkies still in the package that i'll never use in their current colors. what air brush/comp and paints do you recommend??

Comment

DIY Custom Topwaters

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I used to paint a bunch of them, and I mean a bunch of them. I owned a small tackle shop and would sell them faster than I could paint them. Finally got to where I was painting all my free time and I gave it up.
      Panhandlehunter, those look great. It’s been fun, but I could see getting burned out doing the same patterns over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JSki; 10-07-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
        jski/panhnd,
        those look great! been wanting to try my hand, have a few hundred topwaters/corkies still in the package that i'll never use in their current colors. what air brush/comp and paints do you recommend??
        I use an Iwata eclipse airbrush and createx paints. I would think you need a different paint to get them to stick to the corkies though.

Comment

jski, thanks. do you use createx clear coat after painting? FTU sells a pink/ch/pink that is a pretty good bait

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
            jski, thanks. do you use createx clear coat after painting? FTU sells a pink/ch/pink that is a pretty good bait
            No, I use devcon epoxy that I brush on. It seems to be a good, durable coat, but I will occasionally get minor imperfections...that is probably operator error though.

Comment

Those would be great for bluecats "dragging" the bottom! Season is coming up!

Comment

Those look good. My brother paints some every now and then I had him paint me a one knocker that was red backed and bone/ glitter belly. Caught a bunch of fish on that combo. I had a 32”+ bull red swallow it and broke me off on a shallow reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X