Truck Performance Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    That is where I plan to get the parts from. Problem is, they don't do the actual work, nor do they have a Dyno machine. I'm looking for a place that will do all of the work once I have the parts.
    Try mail order tunes in temple not sure if they have a dyno thou

Comment

Originally posted by shu View Post
      hennessy performance
      noooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Comment

IMO you are going to spend a lot of $$ for little gain. If you want towing power forced induction is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Supercharger vortex, or kenne Belle will do far more than a cam and headers.

You need to do heads to get real gains from headers and cam.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
            Supercharger vortex, or kenne Belle will do far more than a cam and headers.

You need to do heads to get real gains from headers and cam.

The centrifugal superchargers needs RPM to build boost. A roots style would be better for towing.

Even with heads the supercharger will provide noticeably more gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
              Do your research on John Hennessey and make your own decision about him and his business practices. I honestly wouldn't let him work on my lawnmower.
              correct

Comment

I'd call Casey with mailordertuner and ask him who he recommends to do the work. His shop is in North Temple on the West side of 35. Also heard great things about "The car shop" in Temple. They have a Mustang dynamometer too.

Dave

Comment

OP, you mentioned you don't want to go diesel. Is it right to assume you are wanting more power to haul and tow? Or more power to just plain haul ***? No wrong answer here, but I think folks could give you a more pointed response if they knew which way you wanted to go.

Personally, if you are towing I would put a turbo over a supercharger. If you are just wanting power, then supercharger. Which type of supercharger, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    OP, you mentioned you don't want to go diesel. Is it right to assume you are wanting more power to haul and tow? Or more power to just plain haul ***? No wrong answer here, but I think folks could give you a more pointed response if they knew which way you wanted to go.

Personally, if you are towing I would put a turbo over a supercharger. If you are just wanting power, then supercharger. Which type of supercharger, I have no idea.
                    It is mainly for towing a boat, 5th wheel, loaded cattle trailer, round bale hauler, and anything else that needs towing. That being said, I want to go fast if I dont have a trailer behind it. LOL!

And really, I want headers and a cam. I have always wanted them and I plan on owning this truck for a long time, so I want to make it mine. I have thought about the diesel, but I dont pull enough to justify buying a diesel. Just cant make the justification for myself.

Comment

i have a friend in same boat as you accept his is in a cammed Ls swapped 70s camaro. He got the parts from texas speed as well, they do great work

Ill ask him who he has found for the tune and install.

Comment

Working...
                      X