No announcement yet.

Hunting in tennis shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the time,just got to have a well trained eye to dodge cactus and snakes, I do have some boots for wet muddy days and when the needle grass is ripe, don't matter how much experience you got, nobody dodges needle grass!

Comment

I wear Lacrosse rubber boots rolled down any other foot wear leaves to much human scent on the ground.

Comment

With how cool it will be I’ll be in rubber boots (scent protection while walking in). And pants probably short sleeve shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          Y’all must not be in snake country.
          I wear a bee suit when I hunt.

I've know 3 people that have died from bee stings.

I don't know anyone that has ever been bitten by a venomous snake.

Don't even get me started on motor vehicle accidents. I wear special boots to protect me when I drive.

Comment

I have worn tennis shoes, also gone barefoot, but that's because things happened very fast, did not have time to put shoes on.

I definitely have worn shoes many times while hunting, because they are light weight, comfortable and can be somewhat quiet. Many times that I have hunted over the years, it's been warm outside, so I did not need warm footwear.

The biggest down side to tennis shoes, is if you are hunting in areas where there are mesquite and prickly pears. Tennis shoes don't protect for feet for crap from either. But the most boots don't fully protect your feet from either. I have had mesquite thorns go right through the soles and deep into my foot, a few times, when I was wearing my wellingtons. Those deals may slow you down for a short time, but no big deal, I don't worry about things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              Harlan you are better than that...LOL. I have walked out to the stand in shorts and then changed into my hunting stuff a couple hundred yards from the stand.

-john
              I have worn shorts many times when hunting. If I feel like I need camo, I have some old camo coveralls, I can put on over my shorts and Tee shirt. If I don't think I really need camo for whatever I am doing, I will just hunt in shorts and Tee shirt.

I killed my biggest buck ever, just wearing underwear, actually killed two bucks that way. I was in the house, saw a buck out in the pasture, while I was still in bed, jumped up, grabbed the rifle and out the door I went. Stepping on small prickly pear cactus in the back yard. Snuck out to the rear of the back yard, found the buck in the pasture. He was out about 200 yards, so I wanted a rest. I found a fire ant mound, used that tried not to disturb them, got the shot off, dropped the buck with a neck shot. I got bit by a few fire ants and had cactus thorns in my feet, but I forgot about all that, by the time I was gutting the deer.

Comment

I wear boots. Wondering if some folks are hunting in bath robes.

Comment

crocks or sneakers for sure.. Ive killed more animals in shorts and sneakers in Texas than pants lol

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I wear boots. Wondering if some folks are hunting in bath robes.
                    Well "Native Texan" says he only wears rubber boots while bowhunting!

Comment

If you are old enough- tenner shoes.

Comment

That's all I used to hunt in until I got my own place [emoji3]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                          Well "Native Texan" says he only wears rubber boots while bowhunting!
                          I can see boots with shorts (guilty). I can see boots with pants. Somehow crocks and tennis shoes (yall recall they got their name by chasing a yellow ball on a court) just doesn't seem right. Unless of course it is just a walk down the prepared path to their hunting tree/stand.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                            Crocks and shorts for me .
                            This ^^^^^^

Comment

No way in hail I’d walk a half mile through my ETX timber in tennis shoes

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                                that's all i used to hunt in until i got my own place [emoji3]

sent from my moto z (2) using tapatalk
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X