Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    I wear a bee suit when I hunt.

I've know 3 people that have died from bee stings.

I don't know anyone that has ever been bitten by a venomous snake.

Don't even get me started on motor vehicle accidents. I wear special boots to protect me when I drive.
    Really? 62 bee deaths on average per year out of 330 million folks. You know 3 of them? Y'all work in the honey bidness?

Comment

Cowboy boots and shorts

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I have worn shorts many times when hunting. If I feel like I need camo, I have some old camo coveralls, I can put on over my shorts and Tee shirt. If I don't think I really need camo for whatever I am doing, I will just hunt in shorts and Tee shirt.

I killed my biggest buck ever, just wearing underwear, actually killed two bucks that way. I was in the house, saw a buck out in the pasture, while I was still in bed, jumped up, grabbed the rifle and out the door I went. Stepping on small prickly pear cactus in the back yard. Snuck out to the rear of the back yard, found the buck in the pasture. He was out about 200 yards, so I wanted a rest. I found a fire ant mound, used that tried not to disturb them, got the shot off, dropped the buck with a neck shot. I got bit by a few fire ants and had cactus thorns in my feet, but I forgot about all that, by the time I was gutting the deer.
        I have done the same back when I rifle hunter 15+ years ago. Now most one my time is either on the side of a tree or in a tripod. Kind of need the camo for that.

-john

Comment

I'll be stomping around in my Air force ones
          Click image for larger version

Name:	realtree-nike-air-force-1-high-release-date-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	24632613

Comment

Boots it is for this weekend. Camera showed 41 degrees at 7:15 this morning

Comment

i have my camo cut off and camo crocs ready!!! The deer wont even know

Comment

I posted this yesterday and apparently i have no common sense [emoji2371][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                  Boots it is for this weekend. Camera showed 41 degrees at 7:15 this morning
                  Didn't I see you dove hunting in flip flops once?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Didn't I see you dove hunting in flip flops once?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

[emoji1787][emoji1787]yes and not too long ago at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess yall don't have snakes, cactus, or mesquites.

Comment

Not on our ranch in Comstock...you'd have jumping cactus all over your ***....literally

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I always wear my tennis shoes unless the ground it wet or its below 50, super comfy even in the hill country with the cactus and rattle bugs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

These are my go-to until it's too cold to wear them. Lightweight and comfortable.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

NOPE! Always wear snake boots. To many high weeds walking to my stand or trailing a deer or hog. To me, better safe than sorry. Now I may wear shorts with the snake boots and a long sleeve or maybe a short sleeve black shirt. I hunt out of ground blinds, so no camo, only black wear!

Comment

I'll hunt in snake boots and shorts, might even take boots off if its too hot, but I won't go in without snake boots

Comment

Working...
                                X