Double throat patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double throat patch?

Is this a double throat patch on my hit list buck this year? I can’t remember the last time I was this excited to hunt one specific buck. He’s old, and tall which was the original reason I decided to go after him but today I got this picture.

What do y’all think? Camera lighting or two throat patches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it to me! Cool looking buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
      Looks like it to me! Cool looking buck

Thank you!! I think he looks awesome too! Not my largest by far but I love how tall he is.

Comment

Couple more photos of him

Comment

Good looking buck hope to see him LDP style

Comment

Yes. I see two white patches on his throat.

Comment

That last pic shows a double throat patch imo....good luck!

Comment

First time I have ever seen this.
                Solid throat pitch down to his belly.

Comment

I saw a double throat patch buck last year, didn’t get a shot at him , a month later another guy shot him, he score 138, he took him to tanner taxidermy in wharton and when he got it back he used a different cape on it. When he asked where it went he told him he didn’t know, so beware of this taxidermist, he must have sold the original cape

Comment

That’s cool I’d got a doe Ive been watching for years she has a white face and patch goes all the way down to her belly too.Ive let her walk to possibly pas her genetics on now I’ve got other does with completely white ears inside and out.Ive been watching her so long I can’t bring myself to shoot her.Im gonna let one of the youngins on the lease take her this year she’s 9 or ten from what I can tell and her history I have.

Comment

Originally posted by MRcheeto View Post
                      I saw a double throat patch buck last year, didn’t get a shot at him , a month later another guy shot him, he score 138, he took him to tanner taxidermy in wharton and when he got it back he used a different cape on it. When he asked where it went he told him he didn’t know, so beware of this taxidermist, he must have sold the original cape

That's terrible. One of the biggest characteristics of the buck not even on the mount

Comment

Yep. He’s back again this evening and early this morning. Hanging with a little ten point that needs another two years. I just love this buck and I really don’t know why but he’s GOING DOWN if he sticks around another two weeks. (Yes, that axis has to go the same weekend lol)

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          That's terrible. One of the biggest characteristics of the buck not even on the mount

Omgosh!!!! Whoooo I would be seriously angry!

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yep, I think so too!

I killed this 10 point near Sterling City a few years past and always considered him a "double" throat patch? I know the white does not extend downwards but the brown strip separating the white was unique I thought. I always love seeing anything even a "little" outside the norm.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X