Camper roof coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    What type of roof does your rig have? If I remember right there are different products for different types of roofs...there being 2 main types on modern campers.

Youtube has a video on how to tell which type you have, and what product is best for it. I need to do mine soon.
    Good point DMo. My owner’s manual said it was rubber is all I remember. I think the other one is EDPM? Or EDMP? Something like that.

Comment

I bought the dicor sealant from Amazon works great

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        Good point DMo. My owner’s manual said it was rubber is all I remember. I think the other one is EDPM? Or EDMP? Something like that.
        TPO or EPDM

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Thought I’d bump this thread again and give another solid vote for the orange can Heng’s Roof Coating. This is the 3rd time I have used this stuff and 2nd time on my 31’ Springdale 5th wheel.
          I put 2 thin coats on it about this time last year and like above post it has weathered good even out in the harsh heat and rains. I also believe this stuff flexes really well too. I decided to just go back with 1 thin coat today and the 1 gallon covered it perfectly.
          I normally clean the roof with a pressure washer but it was still pretty clean (I guess from all the recent rains) so I just hosed it off good with a water hose yesterday evening and let it dry overnight. Taped off the AC shroud and cut in around it with a brush and rolled the rest.

I’m sold and really recommend this stuff…..I don’t plan on ever using anything else. Again, just the 1 coat made this 2011 model trailer look almost brand new again.
          ]
          Yep, completely on board with this.

I did the same with coats, cutting and rolling on my 30ft travel trails. It was my first time doing it and thought it was going to be difficult and expensive. Used Hengs and it was easy and decent price.

I definitely recommend it.

J

Comment

Working...
          X