• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat in my saddle in a new spot yesterday....in the rain.[emoji2414]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well continuing to follow.

Can yall elaborate on shooting from a saddle? Specifically odd angles or when the target animal comes in from a non preferred set up shot or direction? I hope that makes since.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

Can yall elaborate on shooting from a saddle? Specifically odd angles or when the target animal comes in from a non preferred set up shot or direction? I hope that makes since.
        Technically speaking, there's not a shot you can't make. Now in certain situations, you may not be able to get moved quick enough, but 360 degrees is where you can shoot. Weak side takes some practice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I knew some people that have different brands of these things I could get my hands on and try out around here

I am thinking about watching after season to see if I can buy a used one a bit cheaper than new price in case I don't like it and need to get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

I got my first buck out of a saddle a week ago. He came in on my off side. I pulled myself to the tree and lengthened my tether enough that I could run it over me left shoulder. Had my back to the tree and the tether over my left shoulder holding me tight to the tree. He never knew what hit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              I wish I knew some people that have different brands of these things I could get my hands on and try out around here

I am thinking about watching after season to see if I can buy a used one a bit cheaper than new price in case I don't like it and need to get rid of it
              I have an aerohunter kite you can try. I can get my hands on a tethrd mantis from a buddy too.

Comment

Here is my first "saddle buck". This was a strong side shot at 9 o'clock which is just about perfect for a right hander. I also had a miss about 10 days ago. That was a weak side shot at 1 O'clock on a buck at 36 yards.

Here is good video that will help with shooting positions.

https://youtu.be/Shr8uWgCakM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

There is a guy in East Texas named Matt Hopkins who makes great saddles. He can take the best features from several saddles and combine them. Sells them as TX5 saddles. Great guy to deal with.

Comment

I've read the whole post and really going to look into this. Couple questions,

Can you relieve yourself while up in the tree? You know, ****.

What is approx total cost to get started?

Comment

Also, didn't see it mentioned, but I imagine using the safety harness would not be comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                        I have an aerohunter kite you can try. I can get my hands on a tethrd mantis from a buddy too.

May just take you up on that

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                        There is a guy in East Texas named Matt Hopkins who makes great saddles. He can take the best features from several saddles and combine them. Sells them as TX5 saddles. Great guy to deal with.

LOL I have seen them and they look nice but he only makes 10 a month and is currently not taking orders
                        I never been in one so I would have no idea what to tell him to make me either

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                          Also, didn't see it mentioned, but I imagine using the safety harness would not be comfortable?
                          The saddle replaces safety harness

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                            I've read the whole post and really going to look into this. Couple questions,

Can you relieve yourself while up in the tree? You know, ****.

What is approx total cost to get started?

Yes you can pee. I already had a tether for my harness so all I did was buy a saddle. You can pick up used ones for $150. I’ve since bought an ascender to replace the Prusik. I didn’t go with the ropeman 1 but picked up one on Amazon for $30. Works great.

Comment

There are very few down sides to hunting out of a saddle. This will be only my second year but my experience with them has been excellent. I killed multiple deer and pigs out of mine. I used to hunt out of the Woodsey 2 360 stands for comfort but honestly I spent a full day in kansas last year in my saddle and I thought it was the best way to go. Knee pads are a MUST for comfort but I can sleep in my saddle. I never felt comfortable enough to do that in any of my lock ons.

Comment

Im liking this

Comment

Working...
                                X