No announcement yet.

Brownwood Area Eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make the drive out to Cross Plains and eat at Jean's.

Comment

I ate many a ranch hand breakfast and cfs at Red Wagon. Loved the little jukeboxes when you sat at a booth. Put your money in, select, and voila. Underwoods has pretty good fried chicken, good rolls, and good cobbler. I do not get bbq there anymore. Smitty's yes on the 'cue. Gomez, not sure that place is still open, but had good food back in the day if you could keep it down.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
        Make the drive out to Cross Plains and eat at Jean's.
        Our place is right out of Cross Plains,eat at Jeans often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
          I believe Gomez is permanently closed
          WHAT!!!! Well at least the cat population in the area will bounce back

The Red Wagon for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            My in-laws live there. My MIL is a sweet lady, but she isn't much of a cook.
            Hilarious 😂. I was wondering why you spent so much time in brownwood restaurants.

Comment

I at at Humphrey Pete's last night and had the bacon cheeseburger/ fries. Not very good. I was really hungry and could only eat half.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                It always interests me when people say this about Underwoods. The place is always packed and lines out the door. I have been eating there for over 30 years and we like the food there. When my parents come to town they ask to go there. To each their own I guess
                I was only trying to offer my opinion, which is what was asked during the OP. I was not trying to offend anyone by making such statement. The food was warm but pretty much flavorless and tough but the rolls were decent. Cobbler was good! Tried more BBQ next time and much the same. I rarely use BBQ sauce because I feel good flavorful BBQ should not need it. Kinda like A1 on a steak but had to sauce it both times. I guess my palate is different than yours. Seeing the lines and hearing the talk I was expecting way more. I was disappointed both times. Comparable to high school cafeteria food, edible but not desirable. Sounds like others feel the same.

No harm intended.

Comment

Working...
                X