No announcement yet.

All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go.... Tule Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is about as close to a Tule Elk hunt as I will ever get. That bull looks awesome. Thanks for the updates and pics. Good Luck!

Comment

Just found a shooter 7x7. Watched him mount a cow. Terrible wind but trying to make a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Hope you're having a good evening and have the plan for the AM sorted out.

Goodluck

Comment

6:35 Cali time, things should be gettin right.

Comment

Good luck Doc.

Comment

Off to a good start

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

I did pick up some beverages for the evenings and hopefully a post kill celebration. Grabbed a few beers as well. I’m prepared!!!!

Now we have a Doc May hunt!!! Get ya one!

Comment

Day 1 in the books. Looked over a bunch of elk. I think we have 4-5 potential shooters and lots of contestants if it becomes a species hunt. Really neat animals in some pretty country. Could see some smoke from fires today but wind blowing it away. Gonna eat a steak, drink some wine and shoot the bull. Good times!!!!!

Comment

Nice sunset pic

Comment

Good deal! Extremely jealous as always!

Hoping to see one of the big boys down soon. [emoji482]

Comment

Ok, the story of ol’ 7. We saw the 7x7 in a big flat with 6-7 cows. Was low probability but what the heck. We tried to work around them in a creek and cut them off based on the lead cow. We hit a break in the brush and glassed the flat. No bull! He had left the cows and done a 180. We hustled down the creek the opposite direction. We set up and tried to call him in from about 300 yards. He got to 200 yards and the wind swirled. That ended ol’ 7 for the night. Chased one more bugling bull right at last light but never saw him. Was a great day! Now for wine and meat!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Ok, the story of ol’ 7. We saw the 7x7 in a big flat with 6-7 cows. Was low probability but what the heck. We tried to work around them in a creek and cut them off based on the lead cow. We hit a break in the brush and glassed the flat. No bull! He had left the cows and done a 180. We hustled down the creek the opposite direction. We set up and tried to call him in from about 300 yards. He got to 200 yards and the wind swirled. That ended ol’ 7 for the night. Chased one more bugling bull right at last light but never saw him. Was a great day! Now for wine and meat!

Think you’ll try for Mr. 8x8 in the morning first?

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                              Think you’ll try for Mr. 8x8 in the morning first?

Gonna go hunt in the am and see what happens. I’ll shooters any of the 4-5 big ones.

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

Working...
                                X