No announcement yet.

Folks to beware of doing business with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a threat about trailers or knives or maybe someone jackknife a trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
      Not a trailer but could apply. I had a silverado that wouldn't pass inspection due to check engine light (catalytic converters iirc), and with the new one sticker thing, couldn't renew the registration. This truck was past the point I was going to fix anything on it that wasn't necessary, so just kept driving it. Took over a year to get pulled over & ticketed. Fine ended up only being $130. Paid it and kept driving....
      Now that's one I'll remember... lol

Comment

Folks to beware of doing business with?

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
        Not to hijack, but I'm curious about farm plates. My Dad always said that I could get in trouble if I was pulling a ranger down the highway on a farm trailer coming back from duck or deer hunting. I always thought that was a stretch. Thoughts? I have a 18ft trailer I need to register now and it sure sounds appealing to have it registered as a farm trailer.

Like others have said it’s the primarily used for farm. You can haul your ranger down the road legally on a farm trailer. It helps if there is some hay stuck in the boards of the trailer and not roofing shingles. Most rural officers don’t care. I have found large city and DPS officers usually have no idea about these exemptions for LPs on trailers. A farm trailer doesn’t even have to have plates or be registered. As shown in the photo above.

Comment

None of my farm trailers have a license plate since it’s not required.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
            Not to hijack, but I'm curious about farm plates. My Dad always said that I could get in trouble if I was pulling a ranger down the highway on a farm trailer coming back from duck or deer hunting. I always thought that was a stretch. Thoughts? I have a 18ft trailer I need to register now and it sure sounds appealing to have it registered as a farm trailer.
            My ex-fil was hauling new rolls of carpet on a 16' farm tagged trailer several years ago.Long story short,it cost him $3k

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Whaaaa?

That some beach had a plate when Ieft the house?!?![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              This actually works, had one stolen off the trailer best I can figure in Hillje when I was buying jerky. VSO was able to pull up registration though. They also took one of the truck tags.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Chew...never received my henway.
              I saw one at the Bluebonnet ups substation just the other day, box was busted wide open and stuck over in the corner.

Comment

Working...
              X