Cargo Trailer Conversions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo Trailer Conversions?

Anybody have/use a cargo trailer as a toy hauler/sleeper for camping or at the deer lease? It would be cool to get some ideas on how others have set theirs up.

I just picked up a 7x16 that will be used as a mobile fishing/hunting camper and the occasional camping trip with the family. I ordered it with a/c, insulated, 30amp service, and led interior/exterior lighting. My plan is to keep it simple as I will also want to use it as a trailer to haul bulky items, lawn equipment, etc when I need too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have
    The guys cut some aluminum diamond plate, and put them on hinges with cable down bracing so they will fold up during the day or hauling equipment
    And use foam mattress
    Bought a efficient apartment gas stove/ oven to cook
    Use a folding table and chairs inside on weather days
    Flat screen tv hooked up to a RV satellite dish with mounts both inside and out
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-15-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. You have a good start to a sweet setup!

Comment

I would do something with that door so no one could lock me in

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
          I would do something with that door so no one could lock me in

Problem solved

Comment

This is on my very short list of projects. Where did you get yours? I've looked a little but not sure if I want to buy a new one rigged like yours or do a project on a used one. Yours is exactly what I have in mind!

Comment

I am building one out right now. I am almost done putting insulation in and then will wire electrical and build out a simple cabinet for the front.

My plan is to be able to haul a side by side and then have a simple camp with heat /AC.

Lead time for a custom build is around 8 weeks.
              Last edited by longhornmatt; 09-15-2020, 06:23 PM. Reason: Add more

Comment

In for updates and ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  This is on my very short list of projects. Where did you get yours? I've looked a little but not sure if I want to buy a new one rigged like yours or do a project on a used one. Yours is exactly what I have in mind!

At first I had intended to buy used and then build out myself for this upcoming season but then time got the best of me. Also it’s hard to find a 7ft interior height used. So when researching brands I came across Cargo Craft that built “off-road toy haulers”. I ordered this one with some of the off-road elements minus the lift and 32in mud tires. I also opted for plywood interior walls instead of the aluminum so that I could build cabinets, drill stuff to the walls that could be easily repaired if I needed to.

I researched the nearest dealer to me and went and took a look at them in person then put in my order. I’m in San Antonio so my nearest dealer, Trophy Motors, was in New Braunfels.

Search Colorado Trailers Inc on YouTube and you will find a bunch of videos on different builds they make.

Comment

Originally posted by longhornmatt View Post
                    I am building one out right now. I am almost done putting insulation in and then will wire electrical and build out a simple cabinet for the front.

My plan is to be able to haul a side by side and then have a simple camp with heat /AC.

Lead time for a custom build is around 8 weeks.

I’m keeping mine simple as well. Cots for sleeping, cabinets in the front, folding tables for inside/outside use, and outdoor kitchen. And going to weld up a customs basket or platform on the extended tongue for generator, gas, propane, & spare tire.

One thing I wish I ordered was an awning but a 12x12 canopy will work for my needs.

Comment

Here are some pics of the interior lighting and outside lighting. The interior led puck lights and outdoor “party lights” run off a 12v battery and the 4ft shop lights, a/c & 4 outlets run when plugged into 110v or generator. There’s also load lights in the rear for loading through the ramp in the dark.

Don’t mind the couch, this is only in here until I get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                        At first I had intended to buy used and then build out myself for this upcoming season but then time got the best of me. Also it’s hard to find a 7ft interior height used. So when researching brands I came across Cargo Craft that built “off-road toy haulers”. I ordered this one with some of the off-road elements minus the lift and 32in mud tires. I also opted for plywood interior walls instead of the aluminum so that I could build cabinets, drill stuff to the walls that could be easily repaired if I needed to.

I researched the nearest dealer to me and went and took a look at them in person then put in my order. I’m in San Antonio so my nearest dealer, Trophy Motors, was in New Braunfels.

Search Colorado Trailers Inc on YouTube and you will find a bunch of videos on different builds they make.

Thanks I will take a look.

Comment

I got a 4x6 Cargo Craft that I use as my camp trailer. I have it setup with camp gear and is ready to go in no time.

Comment

Pretty neat idea. In to see how it turns out

Comment

Be careful, there's been more than a few people who suffocated. One event took out three generations a grandfather, father, and son. I guess that wasn't suffocation that was carbon monoxide, but still.

Comment

Working...
                              X