Clear All

Whats the best brush killer for South Texas

I got
    Blackbrush
    Kidneywood
    Weesatche
    Mesquite
    and many more

I was told using Remedy and diesel would do the trick but before I spend all this money and time doing it I want to make sure I do it right the 1st time. Any suggestions would help. I am not looking to kill the grasses just the hardwood brush.

thanks
    Deadeye

I’m no help on what’s the best remedy but wanted to ask you a question. Just curious as to the reasoning of wanting to get rid of blackbrush?

Comment

Brush

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      I’m no help on what’s the best remedy but wanted to ask you a question. Just curious as to the reasoning of wanting to get rid of blackbrush?
      I got about 650 acres of brush

I am mowing senderos and I want to spray them and my fences

Comment

Remedy and Diesel will work good. i Put about 1.5-2 oz of Remedy per gallon in my sprayer. then i put about 2 gallons of diesel and add water to fill my sprayer (16 gallon).

Coat the leaves and branches and they will be turning brown within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
          I got about 650 acres of brush

I am mowing senderos and I want to spray them and my fences
          Definitely understandable!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            Remedy and Diesel will work good. i Put about 1.5-2 oz of Remedy per gallon in my sprayer. then i put about 2 gallons of diesel and add water to fill my sprayer (16 gallon).

Coat the leaves and branches and they will be turning brown within a week.
            Interesting recipe. I have been using diesel and remedy for years, but as a basal treatment. Does the water and diesel mix well?

I assume this is using one of the small electric pumps (like a shurflo or delevac?) Does the pumps hold up well?

Not meaning to hijack thread,but this could be a great alternative to basal.

Comment

I used Remedy and Dawn dish soap and water, worked great. I was told the diesel is just used to make the remedy stick. That is what the dawn does and it is ez on the pump motors. I only used it on fence line and huisache but it killed it

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I use sendero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                      I used Remedy and Dawn dish soap and water, worked great. I was told the diesel is just used to make the remedy stick. That is what the dawn does and it is ez on the pump motors. I only used it on fence line and huisache but it killed it
                      Thanks , Matador. I am thinking it would be good on short yaupon regrowth.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                        I was told the diesel is just used to make the remedy stick.
                        Correct, diesel is the surfactant, and allows the poison to sink in to whatever you a spraying, rather than bead up on the surface, and wash off. If you are using Dawn, that does the same thing as the diesel would.

Comment

Weed Killer

thanks guys!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                            Interesting recipe. I have been using diesel and remedy for years, but as a basal treatment. Does the water and diesel mix well?

I assume this is using one of the small electric pumps (like a shurflo or delevac?) Does the pumps hold up well?

Not meaning to hijack thread,but this could be a great alternative to basal.
                            Yes just need enough Diesel to help it act as a surfactant. I believe mine is a delevac and have had it for 3 years or so. I just run some fresh water through it after i'm done spraying.

Comment

Soap is way better on the sprayers!

Does Remedy Ultra kill yaupon?

Comment

Working...
                              X