No announcement yet.

Best circular saw/drill combo cordless tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Milwaukee M-18V tools and they are a beast. My tools are both Fuel and regular M18. They are both more than enough for what I use them for in my homeowner and deer lease wood buildings/drillings/cutting etc. . That Fuel series is really strong and can be overkill....but overkill is good ....for some. I love the portability of the grinder/cutoff tool too.

I am also a former 20 year Dewalt 18V owner and made the switch. Very happy with my switch although the Dewalt 20V are very nice too.
    Last edited by Smart; 09-14-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I had buckets full of 18v DeWalt tools and batteries. Was tired of battery short life.
      Switched to the 20v Brushless DeWalt and they are great and battery life is pretty amazing. Compared to the 18v they are much more advanced.
      (I tried a set of 20v Porter Cable and they were like children's toys compared to DeWalt)

Comment

I am a "homeowner", but use my tools a lot.
        Lots of Milwaukee votes!

Comment

Bauer from Harbor Freight. I have the impact, 1/2" drill, and saw with the batteries they come with and 2 of the larger ones for 2 1/2 years now. Still on original batteries. And when I do have to replace the batteries, they're only $40 a pop! I use them daily on the job and have put them all through hell. The only reason I took a gamble on Bauer is because how inexpensive the batteries are. 2 1/2 years later and I still haven't had to replace them.

Comment

I have a big set of Dewalt. Drill, 1/4" impact drill sawsall, grinder vacuum skill saw and light. Over 20 years old. But my drill crapped the gears today. Great set of tools but since I carry a Milwaukee impact in my truck ill be replacing the drill with a milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
              Bauer from Harbor Freight. I have the impact, 1/2" drill, and saw with the batteries they come with and 2 of the larger ones for 2 1/2 years now. Still on original batteries. And when I do have to replace the batteries, they're only $40 a pop! I use them daily on the job and have put them all through hell. The only reason I took a gamble on Bauer is because how inexpensive the batteries are. 2 1/2 years later and I still haven't had to replace them.
              Wondered about those. Gotta also wonder which one of the big name branders is made at the same place!lol

Comment

We use battery tools hard daily. I have 15 dewalt tools and 20 batteries of varying amp hours (all 20v). By far the best battery tools on the market and I've used them all.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really like my Milwaukee fuel 7/12 circular saw . Wish the rear handle one was out when I bought mine .

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                    Wondered about those. Gotta also wonder which one of the big name branders is made at the same place!lol
                    Never thought about that...
                    Kinda like lawnmowers, many brands made by MTD...

Comment

I use a 60v dewalt 7-1/4” circular saw and to me the best on the market. Buddy brought a fuel Milwaukee saw to a site one day and we were very unimpressed by it. Couldn’t go 5-6 cuts on rafter or it would over heat or something. It was trash. I’ve had the big worm drive also from dewalt and it was over kill for me. Use the xr impacts and drills from dewalt. Awesome. I do have some Milwaukee and my favorite tool os the fuel router. If it was me I’d go too side dewalt. Just my two cents

Comment

I’ve had good luck with the ryobi tools. 18 volt. Probably have 15 different ones scattered around. I have 3 of the lithium batteries that no longer take a charge.

Have any of y’all tried the resets on the batteries? Basically taking the cover off and hooking it to a trickle charger for a while until it gets enough charge from the regular charge. Theory is they get too low (under 5 volts) and the register as bad on the factory chargers. I’m not very mechanically inclined so I haven’t tried.

Lots of the houses I buy have DeWalt tools left in them so I have quite a few drills. Never find good batteries though.

Comment

People scoff at them but the Ryobi “eco system” has my bid. I’ve owned some of their 18v stuff for 8 or so years and use them regularly. I’ve burned up two drills (only two failures I’ve had) with really heavy use but I can buy two for the price of the Milwaukee/DeWalts. That’s two people working rather than one. I believe they share a lot of the same technology with the higher priced brands. I have drills, impacts (3/8” and 1/2”), a grinder, sawzall, stick vac, flood light, circular saw, drain auger, pole saws...the list goes on. And the price just can’t be beat. I probably have 10 batteries so now I just buy the “tool only”. Half the fun of Home Depot runs is just seeing what new Ryobi tools are sitting on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                            I did a search right quick and the latest thread I found was 2018.
                            Regular users, what is the best cordless tools available today?
                            I have a DeWalt drill and saw combo that is at least 18 years old, and still going, but I'm on probably my fourth set of batteries and they are fading. I don't want to keep investing money into these old things for more batteries.
                            Look on ebay for the aftermarket DeWalt batteries. I was not so sure but at the difference in price i gave it a try. I can’t tell the difference between it and the real
                            McCoy.

Comment

Milwaukee is my go to. They have steel internal gears where others use plastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I have the Milwaukee M-18V tools and they are a beast. My tools are both Fuel and regular M18. They are both more than enough for what I use them for in my homeowner and deer lease wood buildings/drillings/cutting etc. . That Fuel series is really strong and can be overkill....but overkill is good ....for some. I love the portability of the grinder/cutoff tool too.

I am also a former 20 year Dewalt 18V owner and made the switch. Very happy with my switch although the Dewalt 20V are very nice too.
                                I will have to see if Dewalt has a cut off tool. They do come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X