Ballistic Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballistic Calculator

I've searched online and couldn't find anything so I thought I would ask the GS. I recently purchased a scope and mounted it to a gun I am taking on a South Dakota whitetail hunt in November. I haven't done much shooting past 200 yards and I need to be comfortable shooting 300-400 yards. I plan on going several times once I get my turret figured out. I am trying to figure the Drop, MOA based on my ballistics. I went to the range this weekend and zeroed it @100yds. The back of the box shows 100 yard increments with drop in inches but I am looking to at least get 50 yard increments but preferably 25 yard increments. I am shooting Nosler 270 win. 130 grain Accubonds. Velocity is 3075 with ballistic coefficient of 0.435. How could I go about getting this in 25 or 50 yard increments?

Best and most accurate way to get is to shoot for yourself.

I shoot Hornady and their ballistic app is pretty dang accurate....usually within .1 mil for me.

Comment

3075 on the box or through a chronograph?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        3075 on the box or through a chronograph?
        On the box.

Comment

I know I'm not gonna get it exact. I plan on shooting and testing at the range. Just looking for something to get me close. Once I have it all dialed in, I want to be able to print off the yardage and MOA, drop or Total clicks to adjust once I use my range finder and determine how far the target is.

Comment

I use an app called Ballistics AE or Ballistic ARC. They are both nice for different things.

There is a difference between a 200 yard shot and a 400 yard shot. The chrono numbers on the box are not accurate for your rifle most likely. Try to find a buddy that has one for you to get a measurement. Your dope will also change if you get your dope say in Houston then go to Colorado in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my gun guy chrono mine for me. Can’t remember what he charged, but it was relatively cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                I use an app called Ballistics AE or Ballistic ARC. They are both nice for different things.

There is a difference between a 200 yard shot and a 400 yard shot. The chrono numbers on the box are not accurate for your rifle most likely. Try to find a buddy that has one for you to get a measurement. Your dope will also change if you get your dope say in Houston then go to Colorado in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks, I'll check those apps out. Yes, I am aware that the dope will change but don't know how much of an impact it will make. Practicing here in the Houston area at 100' elevation and then going to South Dakota at 3000' elevation. I dunno?

Comment

Working...
                X