Pictures from our Elk hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures from our Elk hunt.

This trip went from great expectations to survival mode. I had put out cameras in July and had some really good Bulls coming into a couple of wallows. We hunted a total of 2 days before the storm hit and both had good bulls come in but no shot opportunities on Monday. Then on Tuesday (my son's birthday) all hell broke loose and the not so much fun started. After we were able to get out of our tents we walked over to an outfitters camp and 3 guys from West Virginia let us stay with them for 2 days. There is another tent behind the orange one but its buried under the snow. It will be a trip we will never forget. Enjoy the pictures!!!
    Attached Files

Colorado?

That’s a crazy amount of snow, especially in the first half of September.

Comment

Wow Mother Nature is a B.Glad y’all made it out safe.

Comment

Wow what an experience!!

Comment

Wow, looks like a cold hunt

That is one long legged horse.

Comment

Dang! Glad y’all survived it.

Comment

Yes South part of Colorado and on the way the weather said 2-4" and we are thinking that'll be cool and pretty and then we seen the outfitter on Tuesday morning and he said they changed the it to 10-12". Well we ended up getting 18-20" on Tuesday night and another 4-6" on Wednesday.

Comment

That was definitely a memory maker!

My boys were out there and I was pretty dang nervous until they got down from the steep area they hiked to. That was a brutal storm that blew in!

Comment

Wow!!! Crazy to say the least but memories forever.

Comment

Nuts! You'll be talking about that one when you are 80!

Comment

I was up there just south of South Fork camping at 11,500 and was suppose to hunt from 9/6 to 9/11 and decided to leave before the storm and left on 9/7. Was very disappointed but was not going to risk it. Where are these pictures at?

Comment

Man not sure I'm ready for my tent to be covered in the snow solo lol. Looks awesome, glad yall were safe.

Comment

Great day! glad y'all managed to have a safe and memorable trip

Comment

Wow! What a hunt...Glad y'all made it out safe!

Comment

Glad yall are safe! Great pictures. Wow, thats just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X