X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had it never wanted it

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I supposedly just permanently deleted my presence on Facebook. It says it takes 30 days to go into effect in case I change my mind lol. Has anyone else permanently deleted instead of just deactivating their account?
      What made you change your mind and activate your FB again? Looks like you’re posting again. Perhaps this thread was a little premature.

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
      Never had it never wanted it
      You already told us that once. We get it! Lol

Comment

“If we ain’t talked since HS we ain’t gonna talk.”

-Buddy Brown

Comment

yep, I just deleted mine ... again, permanently.
          I renewed it a few years back to buy/sell stuff but now they want to impose all these limitations on weapons, reloading stuff, etc. Even paintball and archery stuff so, heck with them. I'm done!

Comment

Much easier to filter out politics and folks that you don't care to hear from on FB than here.

Comment

I’m in Fake Book Jail most of the time. Is that the same as DELETED?

Comment

Facebook has other uses than posting personal stuff about your life. I don't use it to post personal stuff, if family or friends need to know something, i call or text them, i don't post it on FB (or here, for that matter). There are a lot of special interest groups on there that are well moderated and contain great info. Good way to buy or sell things, you do have to navigate the spam, but it is easy to spot and avoid. I don't understand the huge negative impact some say it has on their life, no one decides how much time you spend on it, except you.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Much easier to filter out politics and folks that you don't care to hear from on FB than here.
                  The ignore function is handy they say. But who wants to live in a padded cell.. Are you afraid to go outside too? Wow. LOL.
                  Last edited by PondPopper; 03-06-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    The ignore function is handy they say. But who wants to live in a padded cell.. Are you afraid to go outside too? Wow. LOL.
                    Exactly. I have enjoyed reconnecting with old friends and family with whom I had lost contact for years.

Those who say that their life is better without FB must have a sad life if that’s what it takes to make it better.

The height of irony is that the OP who started this thread is still posting on FB. He must have been brainwashed. Oh, the humanity!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Exactly. I have enjoyed reconnecting with old friends and family with whom I had lost contact for years.

Those who say that their life is better without FB must have a sad life if that’s what it takes to make it better.
                      No, its that their real life outside of social media is so much better than their pretend life on the computer screen. What does that say about you?

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                        I'll argue with a tree stump so I am still on the book of faces.
                        When you're not in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          The irony. Then why do you and others go berserk if others question your “theories”?
                          Last edited by oktx; 03-07-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Without facebook where do you post the picture of your buck's nuts for the world to see?

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
                              My obnoxious politically charged niece deleted facebook on advice of a family counselor a couple of years back. She and her counselor came to the conclusion it was unhealthy. She would post some of the most inflammatory and inane crap imaginable causing some concern and friction within the family.

Now she's on Instagram and TikTok posting the same crap. Go figure.

Social media is an addiction we are only just beginning to understand. A very dangerous one which feeds off of your impulses. It will hijack your mind, manipulate your emotions and compromise your ability to reason.

You have one of these, too? Mine happens to be a nephew and, no matter the gender, they are completely insufferable.

And then there are their over-protective and over-reactive mothers (my sister) who rush to defend the hurt feelings of these kids rather than let them suffer the reactions by others to their insistent and uninformed statements. These are usually followed by the peace-loving grandmothers (my mother) who have asked the rest of us 1) to keep our opinions to ourselves and 2) to refrain from reacting to any polarizing statements being made by "others."

In the end, it's not that I think I'm always right or that I can't be argued with, it's simply that I've seen more and I've lived longer and the nascent opinions of these kids mean less to me than that which my (many) years of practical experience and practiced observation have taught me. Does this make me arrogant and closed minded? I like to think not...It just means that I'm old.
                              Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 03-07-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                                No, its that their real life outside of social media is so much better than their pretend life on the computer screen. What does that say about you?

Some folks can have a great outside life and great online life. It's not that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X