Teal Season 2020! Ready To Roll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
    Congrats my friend. Stay on them. If I get an elk down within the next 6 days I’ll hook up with you for a hunt.
    Thanks My Friend!
    Good Luck on the elk!

Comment

Day 8
      Garwood prairie. Had my son, daughter & DROEBUCK from TBH. Not alot of birds on the prairie by what we seen & shooting heard. We made the best of it though & with some lucky shooting ended up with half limits. Had a couple of reports from N of Brookshire. 1 was like our hunt & the other was 6 guys & 3 birds. Think we are gonna be scraping from now on unless you are on the X. Weather was fabulous though. 69 at daylight & 79 when we called it at 9:45. Be watching to see what this weather does now.

Comment

Thanks again David, it was a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          Thanks again David, it was a good time.
          We enjoyed your company! Wish the shooting part had been better. Thanks again for the vittles!

Comment

Yes sir hope y’all enjoy them.

Comment

Day 9
              Another great day hunting with my son. Bird numbers way down ,but 64 degrees & a nice breeze made it right! We ended up with 7. Lot of hunters on the prairie ,but shooting shut down quick. We hunted till 9:45 & didn't hear a shot for at least the last 45 minutes. Could be challenging the next few days!

Comment

Day 10
                Nice shoot in Garwood. Me & the pup enjoying life together talking things over! LOL! Felt & looked like a real duck hunting day today. Fair amount of birds for a Monday.

Comment

Nice David!

Nothing like quality time with the pup!

Comment

Way to go David!

Comment

Nice hunt !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice hunt David! Hopefully Beta is not the rain event they were hyping it to be and doesn't scatter the birds this week.

Comment

Glad beta showed up. Putting water in the flat. Just 1 1/2 inches overnite made a difference. We were needing a freshening up. Birds may stay around a little better with some places to rest. The way it was , they got hammered anywhere they went.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Glad beta showed up. Putting water in the flat. Just 1 1/2 inches overnite made a difference. We were needing a freshening up. Birds may stay around a little better with some places to rest. The way it was , they got hammered anywhere they went.
                            That was the ticket for our hunt. The marsh had new flooded flats. The ponds just couldn't hold the birds with all of that new fresh flooded marsh land. It seemed all the birds were new and came down with the front. We expected birds to come from the southern rice fields like previous hunts but once they got moving they all came in from the north. We had several groups up high cruising south and they broke hard on the call and came in quick which is always fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Heck yeah David, glad it worked out for you. I’m hoping the tides recede some by Thursday since I am going to try to hit a coastal spot.

Comment

Me and the fam had a great hunt yesterday out of El Campo.
                                Attached Files
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X