No announcement yet.

85 gallon drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember buying mine for $85 back in the day. Hard to believe they are so expensive now. Really like the one I have. I put it on a base that was made for it. It has been set up as a stand & fill for the last six years. I think most people have moved away from welding two 55 gallon drums together. Just basing that off of what I see here on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
      I think most people have moved away from welding two 55 gallon drums together. Just basing that off of what I see here on this site.
      Yup... pita to fill and deal with. We have a 55 gallon barrel and a half on our 4 spots, I have been trying to get my buddy to swap with a stand and fill for years. It’s a pita to fill as well. Ladders suck!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        For <$40 you can just cut the bottom out of one & weld 2 55 gal. together. Plus, it'll get you another 25 gallons!

I get 55 gal drums, food grade (only held honey) from Burleson Honey in Waxahachie for $5 each.
        If you're still getting decent ones for 5$ each, you should buy them all. Even so, I'd rather pay the money for an 85 than be cutting and welding barrels together to end up with a ~11' tall feeder.

I don't like stand and fills, and I like my timer over eyeball high, and I don't like anything I can't fill off the back of the truck. So I realize that probably puts me in a small, and specific, minority. I havn't had to replace a feeder in 18 years or so....so $150 to have it the way I want it is worth it to me.

Comment

If yall run across any 30 gal drums worth the $$$, give me a shout please!

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            When you find that unicorn let us all know!

Comment

Is there an advantage one way or the other on plastic vs steel for the barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post

Squirrels can eat through plastic

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail View Post
                  Burbank Barrel and Drum in Galena Park is where i got them a few years ago but they were not cheap.
                  These are top quality barrels! They are heavy duty, thicker walled and are treated with heavy coated epoxy! I’ve had mine for for 13 yrs and still looks good on the outside and great in the inside! I purchased 2 at that time that had dents in them for $75 each. I went home, got my rubber mallet and popped both of them out the first hit and you could never tell they had dents!

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                    plastic isn’t meant for feeders! Go steel or aluminum for sure

Comment

I know this is an old post but I have a few brand new never used 85 gallon barrels with removable lids I need gone. I can’t remember what I paid for them but $85 each will take them home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                        I know this is an old post but I have a few brand new never used 85 gallon barrels with removable lids I need gone. I can’t remember what I paid for them but $85 each will take them home.
                        Cheap date right here….they won’t last long b/c I gave more than that for mine back 5-6 years ago.

Comment

****it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know where one in the Houston area if interested.

PM me for more info

Comment

Working...
                            X