Buc-ee’s Melissa selling moldy corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLhunter View Post
    All Feed corn is infested with weevils that is at any store. If you put some in a jar and seal it and wait about a month you will notice meal in the bottom of the jar. This is normal.

All I know is.....corn I said is clean, has no weevils visible....corn I claimed had weevils had a big population crawling/ "infested" through them at the time. I don't have major weevil problems in my feeders that are noticeable. A few I can handle. Having my own weevil farm I will not and don't..

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
      Because the manager couldn’t understand why I didn’t bring all 15 bags back to him. I guess I was supposed to scoop it out of the feeders and back into the sacks and haul it all the way back rather than letting the hogs at the lease (hopefully) clean up the mess.

I wasn’t thrilled but half of my money back was better than none of it.
      That sucks but it can happen real easy. What label was on the bag?

Comment

I get my corn from that Bucees location. I have a few questions:

1.) Will moldy corn still attract deer?

2.) Will moldy corn have an adverse effect on the deer that consume it?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. It won’t stop me from buying at Bucees. I will be picking up 2 tons of corn this weekend from Bucees. I’ve never experienced any trouble with their corn. Anyplace can have an occasional issue when it comes to feed.

Comment

Had a bag or two from there a couple months ago the same way, but I've had bad corn other places as well

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Forgot to mention, I have bought weevil infested corn.... or corn mixed with oats at some mom and pop feed stores, so bad things can happen anywhere.
              I bet this comment will get Johnny44 all assed up again!

Comment

They will still eat it. When it rains hard I have a lake under my feeder and they go under water to eat it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                  As stated in paragraph 2,, line 5,,

“ at least half the bags had mold or stank “

Get another cup or three. [emoji23][emoji41][emoji851]
                  Done. Gracias. I'm guilty of speed reading when I shouldn't sometimes.

Comment

Is why I get mine at the feed store, 50 lb. bags, not the same-price 40 lbs.
                    Another reason not to go to Buccees.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      I bet this comment will get Johnny44 all assed up again!

I must have missed that ....or I am getting old and forgot.....

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
                        Because the manager couldn’t understand why I didn’t bring all 15 bags back to him. I guess I was supposed to scoop it out of the feeders and back into the sacks and haul it all the way back rather than letting the hogs at the lease (hopefully) clean up the mess.

I wasn’t thrilled but half of my money back was better than none of it.
                        Yeah, missed that part when I read the post. True.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          Is why I get mine at the feed store, 50 lb. bags, not the same-price 40 lbs.
                          Another reason not to go to Buccees.

Oh Lord.....another rumor told by the whiskey campfire..

Bucees feed sacks are 50lbers...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I must have missed that ....or I am getting old and forgot.....
                            He got a little sideways about mom and pop shops in the "Tipping at the Feed Store" thread..

Comment

Buc-ee’s Melissa selling moldy corn

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              He got a little sideways about mom and pop shops in the "Tipping at the Feed Store" thread..

Ahhhhh yes!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Getting old is the winner![emoji3061][emoji51][emoji41]

Comment

Just a quick google for Bucees corn size yields this..

Comment

Working...
                                X