No announcement yet.

Goodbye Costa, Hello Maui Jim....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are my go to Maui Jims but dont think they make them anymore. I do like the Cayan or Gulf Shores Costa but still like the lens better on the Maui's
    Attached Files

Comment

Yea Maui Jim’s will be a big no from me dawg lol. Maybe smiths

Comment

I got to the same place with Costas and a couple of frames have gone into the trash. Mauis are nice but I was a bit to hard on the frames(at least in my outdoor adventures) for the price. Have Wiley x now n they are rugged but I am going to try this Revant deal, thanks for sharing guys!

Comment

Sent my costas in 2 weeks ago and had a brand new pair on my front porch this morning. I guess they just changed their policy?

Comment

What they are trying to do is have replacement lenses available for us to purchase instead of them replacing it, or so I was told by a customer service rep...

Comment

Had the opposite happen sent 2 pair in and had 2 new ones at my door in about 3 weeks. I did not read the fine print I filled out online sent in the pictures then printed the labels once they sent. The only complaint I have is 3 weeks is a little long for warranty work.

Comment

I sent my costas in for repair because of the frames. They emailed me back and I picked out a new pair of the same style. Mine was all done through email.

Comment

Man that’s crazy. I sent my Jose’s in last week to costa with a snapped frame (100% my fault) and they sent me a brand new pair, new lenses and all. No charge to me either, not even S&H. Took about 5 business days. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit buying costas years ago. My old pair sits in my glove box I think lol. Maui jim has been and will always have my business. Good choice [emoji1360]

Comment

Sent some in a few weeks back and they made me pick a new pair that was in stock. Seems they opt for a full replacement over repairs at the moment. Other then not getting my lens color I had it wasn’t a bad deal.

Comment

I’ve worn costas for 20 years, no issues no complaints. I feel like all of the issues I’ve read about have been due to beating the crap out of them or storing them improperly which causes the frames to warp. The warranty department has always treated me well and either replaced the broken parts or have sent me new ones at no extra charge.

Plus, no offense, but those Maui Jims are ugly as hell.

Comment

You guys do realize MJ has more than one model right? Not quiet sure why MJ's are ugly and Costa's aren't. Both brands make some ugly models and others that I like. My repair shouldn't be covered under warranty since I broke the lens. Assuming that the case, what irritates me is that I have a pair of glasses that I can't have repaired, because of "Covid 19".

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                            You guys do realize MJ has more than one model right? Not quiet sure why MJ's are ugly and Costa's aren't. Both brands make some ugly models and others that I like. My repair shouldn't be covered under warranty since I broke the lens. Assuming that the case, what irritates me is that I have a pair of glasses that I can't have repaired, because of "Covid 19".
                            Sounds like they are fixing under warranty according to the responses. Maybe try contacting them again, or just send them in. Maybe have dealer send them in for you.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

Sounds like they are fixing under warranty according to the responses. Maybe try contacting them again, or just send them in. Maybe have dealer send them in for you.
                              They have not made a decision on whether or not it will be fixed under warranty. I submitted everything. My point is, it technically shouldn't be fixed under warranty, it was my fault, so I'm expecting them to say it isn't a warranty issue. Problem is, I'm more than willing to send them back and pay for the new lenses, but their repair service is not available at this time and they can't tell me when it will be back up and running. I won't call them back, it took me several hours over two days time just to be able to text back and forth with a customer service rep. No thanks, I'm done if that's the best they can do.

Comment

Hmmmm, I called Costa support took maybe 10 min because I dropped my Zane 580's at the DFW TSA checkpoint and my right lense shattered. I spoke to support and they do not fix broken lenses under warranty, but the frames are fully covered. Nevertheless, Tuesdae gave me a 30% discount for my next pair. I thought that was sweet. She also mentioned that Costa will start fixing or selling replacement lenses in the future, so hold on to your frames.

I also own a pair Maui Jim's prescription shades. I lost the rubber nose piece and called Maui Jim which took aprox 10 min for replacements rubber nose cushions. The rep was cool and sent me the replacement nose rubber free of charge.

Both companies have excellent support and services. I guess it depends on who you get and the tension that projected thru conversation. Be patient and cordial and let things work themselves out.

PS I got 30% off them Saltbreaks 580's in Silver w/Blue mirror glass and they are sweeeeet.
                                Last edited by locknload; 09-01-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X