Can-am battery dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can-am battery dying

Machine is only a few month olds but the last 2 times someone gone to the farm to drive it it’s been dead and won’t start. It was Charged this AM and drove it around some But was saying low voltage almost the whole time.

Any thoughts? Doesn’t seem like the battery and maybe it’s not recharging? Unfortunately I’m going off second hand knowledge and will try to run out today or tomorrow to see if I can figure it out

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Machine is only a few month olds but the last 2 times someone gone to the farm to drive it it’s been dead and won’t start. It was Charged this AM and drove it around some But was saying low voltage almost the whole time.

Any thoughts? Doesn’t seem like the battery and maybe it’s not recharging? Unfortunately I’m going off second hand knowledge and will try to run out today or tomorrow to see if I can figure it out
    Had to put a new one on ours. Cost as much as car batteries. The unit is not even a year old yet

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
      Had to put a new one on ours. Cost as much as car batteries. The unit is not even a year old yet
      The replacement I am seeing recommend a bunch is a 230$ Odyssey PC1200...

Comment

Im curious to know if the battery is an AGM. Ive seen that AGMs drop charge during non use significantly/annoyingly faster than lead electrolyte batteries. If AGM...swap it out. If it continues to be problematic...make a habit of disconnecting the battery before leaving or install a disconnect at the battery.

Good luck.

Comment

What about something like this? That is if you have power where you leave your buggy.

Comment

I’ve got a Wetsounds sound bar that kills my battery. If it sat longer than 3ish weeks it would be dead every time. Unhooked the sound bar, and now it can sit for months without an issue. Takes my about 5 minutes to connect the bar again, but I rarely use it anymore. Just when in party mode lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I’ve got a Wetsounds sound bar that kills my battery. If it sat longer than 3ish weeks it would be dead every time. Unhooked the sound bar, and now it can sit for months without an issue. Takes my about 5 minutes to connect the bar again, but I rarely use it anymore. Just when in party mode lol
              No sound bar or lights yet. Just a winch so I’m curious what could be draining it.

Comment

A battery disconnect switch is your friend......

Comment

Put a perko switch next to the battery.

Comment

I had this problem a few years back on a Can-am and discovered the battery bolts were too long and hitting the top of the battery before they got the cables good and tight.

Comment

Tagged for ideas

Comment

I would make sure something isn’t wrong and draining the battery before I spent $$$ on a new one..jmo

Comment

Make sure the key is getting turned off all the way to the left. Has multiple positions. Uncle was having that trouble with his.

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions fellas!

Will make sure all the cables are bueno and look into a disconnect switch before switching the battery.

Comment

If it were mine, it would be going back to the dealer...hopefully simple fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X