No announcement yet.

Dreaded medical procedure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the exam wouldn't be a holdup but all the covid bs would be. I've been putting off doctors since all this started, had some advocate lady call me the other day wondering why I kept cancelling dr appointments and explaining how important regular visits were! I told her when they got over the mask, temp taking and all the other social distancing BS to call back, then we would talk. I also explained that I was an old crotchety anti government-anti compliant feller and didn't see any of that changing soon. She acted kinda like it hurt her feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      No sir.. only a few folks here like to get horned in their frog.
      Lol. I'm creeping up on my time

Comment

Best sleep I ve had in a while.

Comment

I will give you the best advice I can. Baby wipes for sensitive skin. And more than one pack and start with them - don't wait until you are raw. Procedure is nothing its getting ready that hurts.

Comment

Good luck. Colon cancer is one of the most preventable/curable cancers if caught early. Sure, the Covid test is stupid, but let's be real. Are you going to let a 10 second nasal Covid test prevent you from having a procedure that could detect a life changing disease?

I had to get tested for Covid several weeks back while at the hospital when my daughter was born. It was a little uncomfortable, but a very quick procedure. Stupid, yeah, kind of. But I got over it.

Comment

Only one??? Last year I had to do three in five weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                I disagree. I had multiple "accidents" after the procedure, sprayed a poor nurse, and was still doped up from anesthesia that I was trying to talk about dil...female pleasure devices with the nurse in front of my wife.

That was probably a top most embarassing part in my life.

Lmao! Bet your wife loved that?!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  I disagree. I had multiple "accidents" after the procedure, sprayed a poor nurse, and was still doped up from anesthesia that I was trying to talk about dil...female pleasure devices with the nurse in front of my wife.

That was probably a top most embarassing part in my life.
                  Man I needed that laugh....

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                    At least your name fits ! good luck to you I will also have to do this soon .
                    Hahahhahahahahahaha

Comment

It’s really no big deal

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        I will give you the best advice I can. Baby wipes for sensitive skin. And more than one pack and start with them - don't wait until you are raw. Procedure is nothing its getting ready that hurts.
                        This and install seat belts on that porcelain throne.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                          Gata Agree....Had about 5 (worst The prep at home )other than that its a piece of cake...I'd take that over a trip to DENTIST any time

Worst part is the EMBAREASSMENT!!!

LOL...I just covered up and told the Indian doc to go easy....it's been exit only for 51 years.....he chuckled, the anesthesiologist chuckled and here went the drugs into lala land!
                          Last edited by Smart; 08-28-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Don’t be a wussy!! Just went through it myself. It was a breeze. They have made big strides in the prep liquid and with much lower amounts . Taste like a trap pedialyte or a grape popsicle.

The exam was a breeze. One shot of juice in the IV and I was waking up in the recovery room.

should be "grape pedialyte"

Comment

When I asked at the VA about having it done, they just sent me a stool sample kit. Sent it in and the screen came back negative. They said I was good. Are they that advanced or that incompetent? Not that I am looking forward to having the procedure but I did loose a close friend to colon cancer and don’t want to go through that.

Comment

Set a test of any type done! My Father died from Colon Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                                X