X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    I have a 2017 2500..Dodge Ram.
    Lifted on 35s....
    Tuned with EFI live 6 position tuner....
    If I turn it up past 3 setting I can’t keep it on the road....
    20 mpg

It is stupid fast, with over 1000 ft torque....

85 mph pulling a 24 ft enclosed trailer loaded down..probably 6k pound....1700 rpm.....
    Just imagine the power you could get out of a powerstroke.
    I highly doubt you are getting 20 mpg. The lieometer May be telling you that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Just imagine the power you could get out of a powerstroke.
      I highly doubt you are getting 20 mpg. The lieometer May be telling you that...
      Is the lieometer calculating my mileage and gals I fill up too?

But ok....whatever you say

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        Is the lieometer calculating my mileage and gals I fill up too?

But ok....whatever you say
        I have owned a Dodge. You aren’t getting 20 mpg on 35s...
        Maybe math isn’t your strong point?

Comment

I have owned a Dodge. You aren’t getting 20 mpg on 35s...
          Maybe math isn’t your strong point?
          My 2014 2500 ram mega cab on 35’s consistently averaged 20 mpg for the 5 years I owned it. my driving was 80% highway miles. All hand calculated.

As to the OP - Frankly the power on the Ford is better, most I have spent time with would agree the Ford is better looking, and the fords transmission is better than the ram. As for the ram, it is pretty universally agreed by reviewers that if looking at the upper end trim packages, the ram is kicking the other manufacturers butts.. Additionally, most would say ram has the better engine from a durability perspective. And if looking at the 3/4 ton, the ram will ride a bit smoother with its coil spring rear suspension.

Frankly they are both nice machines. You will find people who sing praises of each, and bash each. Drive them and buy the one YOU like.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
            My 2014 2500 ram mega cab on 35’s consistently averaged 20 mpg for the 5 years I owned it. my driving was 80% highway miles. All hand calculated.

As to the OP - Frankly the power on the Ford is better, most I have spent time with would agree the Ford is better looking, and the fords transmission is better than the ram. As for the ram, it is pretty universally agreed by reviewers that if looking at the upper end trim packages, the ram is kicking the other manufacturers butts.. Additionally, most would say ram has the better engine from a durability perspective. And if looking at the 3/4 ton, the ram will ride a bit smoother with its coil spring rear suspension.

Frankly they are both nice machines. You will find people who sing praises of each, and bash each. Drive them and buy the one YOU like.
            Interesting...Nobody that I know with a Cummins 4wd gets 20 mpg. Including me...

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post

Some people just love calling others a liar......
              Shaq....me too.... love this truck

Comment

The 2020 Super Duty with a 10 speed is my recommendation. 20k miles in a little less than 4 months, with 15,000+ hooked up to a gooseneck. Headed to Florida, averaged 17 miles a gallon on the lie o meter running 85-90 the whole way. Way faster, easier turning, more power, and smoother than my dads short wheel base 2017 F250 with a 6.7. I would definitely not compare the 17-19s with this truck, it’s a totally different ballgame! Go drive one! Last truck I had was a 2014 deleted 6.7 with 279,000 when I got rid of it, it doesn’t hold a flame to this truck. My dad had a 2015 6.7 that he put 100k miles on in a little over two years and was never in the shop for more than an oil change. His 2017 has 100k on it and has never been in the shop for more than an oil change. The fuel mileage with the 10 speed makes it a game changer as that’s what ford was always lacking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                  The 2020 Super Duty with a 10 speed is my recommendation. 20k miles in a little less than 4 months, with 15,000+ hooked up to a gooseneck. Headed to Florida, averaged 17 miles a gallon on the lie o meter running 85-90 the whole way. Way faster, easier turning, more power, and smoother than my dads short wheel base 2017 F250 with a 6.7. I would definitely not compare the 17-19s with this truck, it’s a totally different ballgame! Go drive one! Last truck I had was a 2014 deleted 6.7 with 279,000 when I got rid of it, it doesn’t hold a flame to this truck. My dad had a 2015 6.7 that he put 100k miles on in a little over two years and was never in the shop for more than an oil change. His 2017 has 100k on it and has never been in the shop for more than an oil change. The fuel mileage with the 10 speed makes it a game changer as that’s what ford was always lacking!

What was the actual mileage you got with that skid behind you? 17 on the lie o meter sounds fantastic, but I’m guessing it was a decent bit lower. Even 13-14 with that load is awesome though.

Comment

Interesting...Nobody that I know with a Cummins 4wd gets 20 mpg. Including me...

I rented a 2016 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Tradesman model a few years ago. Drove it from DFW to Lometa, picked up a bed full of deer pen panels and drove back to Weatherford. The next morning I headed to the deer lease in Haskell and picked up 1200# of protein on the way. So I had probably 1600-1700# in the bed. Drove around the lease, filled feeders and then back to Weatherford. I filled the truck back up before dropping it back off in DFW and hand calculated 20.1 mpg.

This of course was a bone stock truck with 3.42 gears but 20mpg is/was possible on the Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      What was the actual mileage you got with that skid behind you? 17 on the lie o meter sounds fantastic, but I’m guessing it was a decent bit lower. Even 13-14 with that load is awesome though.

I average 12-13 loaded. That’s driving in the woodlands/ conroe area in neighborhoods ect.12-19k pounds. 17mpg in a dually running 85 has always seemed like a reach as the 2015-16 models got about 14-15mpg on the highway. I was going to buy a single wheel because of the mileage issue but I’m glad I didn’t! My deleted 14 got 10 miles to the gallon loaded and 17 on the highway. Stock tires but had a full replacement ranchhand on the front! I’m impressed to say the least!

Comment

Dodge has more hp and torque in the low rpm range for sure, but overall the Ford has more power when you get up to 3000 rpm. My 2012 pulls 20,000lb tractors with ease, way over 30,000 gross. Lol. Mine is deleted and gets about 17 mpg on highway. About to pick up a new truck today, it’s going to be a dodge as well
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cummins all the way, diesels are supposed to make torque in the low rpm range. We have a ford 1 ton at work, and its a piece of ****. Go to any 18 wheeler and pop the hood, its a straight 6, thats a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                            I average 12-13 loaded. That’s driving in the woodlands/ conroe area in neighborhoods ect.12-19k pounds. 17mpg in a dually running 85 has always seemed like a reach as the 2015-16 models got about 14-15mpg on the highway. I was going to buy a single wheel because of the mileage issue but I’m glad I didn’t! My deleted 14 got 10 miles to the gallon loaded and 17 on the highway. Stock tires but had a full replacement ranchhand on the front! I’m impressed to say the least!

That’s awesome. In my single wheel running the same weights I get 8.5-9.5 loaded, 13ish in town, and 15-16 highway. That’s on 37s but deleted and tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                              Cummins all the way, diesels are supposed to make torque in the low rpm range. We have a ford 1 ton at work, and its a piece of ****. Go to any 18 wheeler and pop the hood, its a straight 6, thats a diesel.

They all allegedly make peak torque within 100-200 rpm of each other now. If anything the peak torque curve has moved up the range on the Cummins engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A buddy has a loaded out 2018 F250 stock, and our guy we know had a 2018 RAM Tradesman deleted and tuned for sale. Our buddy decided he didn’t need a fancy truck, so he bought the RAM with the intentions of selling the F250. He kept the RAM 3 weeks, and sold it lol pulling wise it was about on par with the 250, but unloaded it wasn't even close. SLOW and noisy. Compared to my lightly tuned 350 it was a freaking turtle. It did get much better fuel mileage though.

Comment

Working...
                                X