Best target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best target?

Looking for the best target with most stopping power. I have a Glendale buck and black hole archery 4 sided target and all my arrows are blowing completely through both. Both are new targets as well if that makes a difference. Pic is from my first shot on the Glendale buck. Passed through and went into a fence post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hung a 2-pc sheet of conveyor belting behind my target. It's about a half-inch thick and the field point does not come out the back side.

Comment

The Blob....http://www.blobtargets.net/BTN/index.php/20-x20-bt

Comment

Bulldog Targets

Comment

6 x 6 block target. I shoot 3D arrows into these and they hold up the best. I’ve used a delta mckenzie vitals target and two different bag targets. Bags hold up well for a little while with small diameter arrows, but block target seems to be holding up really well considering the number of arrows I’ve put into it since this corona stuff started

Comment

I’m a big fan of reinhart 18-1 targets.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post

This. I had to wait a while to get mine since they were selling as quickly as he made them. Called him and luckily he had one made he hadn’t posted online yet and I was able to get it. Great target:

Comment

Blob!

Comment

Again- BLOB.
                  That thing is a beast. I've been lobbing 200 grain broadheads at mine for a month and it's holding up like a champ.

Comment

Also, a double D arrow puller is invaluable.

Comment

I've got four targets: I shoot broadheads at the Blob, broadheads and field points at a Block, and field points at a Rinehart deer and Morrell bag.

The Blob excels at broadheads but brings the arrow to a harsh stop and is abrasive. It's also one of the hardest to pull arrows from unless you put something on your arrow shaft. If you shoot enough at the Blob you will begin to have some arrows crack (I'm at three so far, hence why I only shoot broadheads at it periodically). That said, you can't beat it for stopping power if that is what you're concerned with.

If I could only own one for all applications, I'd buy a Block.

Comment

You got a budget? If not, I think matrix targets are the best I have seen. Pretty easy arrow removal and really tough. I have had one for 3-4 years and replaced one module. I shoot a lot!

Comment

Ex's Dodge truck, best target I ever found.

Comment

Off the shelf, Rinehart.

Order and wait, the Blob.

Comment

What speeds/KE are you shooting? Might look at getting something crossbow rated to handle higher energy. Maybe also but some horse stall mats behind the target to slow the arrow down.

Comment

Working...
                              X