No announcement yet.

2020 Live Montana Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling like I left something unfinished up in Montana. When I got home last year it took me a few days to recover and a couple of months to start watching YouTube elk hunting again. This year I felt great as soon as I got home, kept running at night and working out. I dove into YouTube hunts right away and I’m just not over it yet.

My gf walked in after a run and was like you don’t seem very fulfilled with your hunt and it doesn’t seem like you’re ready to be done yet. I explained to her that with the heat and missing the rut it was very hard to actually hunt the way I love to. She looked at me and said “well why don’t you go back up there and do it on your own if your tag is still good”

Every man knows when he’s being tested, and i really thought this was what was happening. But she was serious. She explained that she was swamped with work and that she had plans the next two weekends with one of her friends wedding plannings. So......

Long story short. ITS NOT OVER YET BOYS AND GIRLS

I’m heading back next Friday right on the front edge of a cold front to hunt public land on my own.

Comment

Hellz to the yea man!!! Redemption time.

Comment

sweet...go get 'em

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          I have a feeling like I left something unfinished up in Montana. When I got home last year it took me a few days to recover and a couple of months to start watching YouTube elk hunting again. This year I felt great as soon as I got home, kept running at night and working out. I dove into YouTube hunts right away and I’m just not over it yet.

My gf walked in after a run and was like you don’t seem very fulfilled with your hunt and it doesn’t seem like you’re ready to be done yet. I explained to her that with the heat and missing the rut it was very hard to actually hunt the way I love to. She looked at me and said “well why don’t you go back up there and do it on your own if your tag is still good”

Every man knows when he’s being tested, and i really thought this was what was happening. But she was serious. She explained that she was swamped with work and that she had plans the next two weekends with one of her friends wedding plannings. So......

I’m heading back next Friday right on the front edge of a cold front to hunt public land on my own.

What about the "its time for dove hunting" text I got a few days ago???

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

What about the "its time for dove hunting" text I got a few days ago???

Hmmmmm....... Elk>dove

Comment

Hmmmmm....... Elk>dove
              Smert!

Comment

Good luck and travel safe.
                Just pace yourself and know if you need help I bet some other elk hunters up there would lend a hand .
                These days, we have to think about if we can get an elk out of a spot before we shoot it. You're young enough, just know your limitations and go have fun.
                It will feel very rewarding if you make a harvest, I might not pass too many branched antlered bulls though on public land.

Comment

Heck ya! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That desire is going to get you on an Elk. You've got to be willing to strike when the iron is hot in this lifestyle. Good luck man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Give a shout if you’re in the Tobacco Roots area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love it! Good for you. Give it all you got and be sure to keep taking us along.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have some friends up there and my cousin is riding along so I think we can get one out if I connect. Public land rule #1 if it’s legal and in range it’s in danger. I’m not going to be picky, momma wants the freezer filled with elk.

Comment

Sweet. Dad sent me some photos today from his place in the Bitterroots and the smoke is thick. Safe travels

Comment

North bound one more time!!! I sure hope they are talking more than last trip. Y’all wish me luck and I’ll post updates when I can

Comment

Working...
                                X