No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a great morning in Coleman County. 4-man limit / 6 species - Readhead, Widgeon, Gadwall, Pintail, Hooded Merganser, and Bufflehead

Comment

Took my youngest girl out to our land and not only got our limits but a bonus.
      Last edited by No-Tox; 01-16-2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Good solo hunt this morning with a stud of gadwall

pnc dallas

Last edited by CTR0022; 01-16-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Great hunts everyone, congrats on the band no-tox.

Comment

Congrats on the band!

Comment

Where are y’all seeing mallards. We haven’t seen much at all this year compared to years past.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Where are y’all seeing mallards. We haven’t seen much at all this year compared to years past.
                There aren’t many down. Not cold enough

Comment

Finished out my season this morning. Lost a couple of greenheads that looked stoned in this thick buck brush, but that’s part of it. Until next year.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Question for you duck hunters. I live in Galveston and as such hunt the south shoreline in West, Christmas, and Drum bay. I have a lead on several private ponds on the ponds island. Considering what the cost of duck ponds these days these ponds are pretty reasonable. Now for the question, anyone hunt any private ponds on the island and if so I would appreciate any input. You can PM me.
                    Many Thanks
                    Raleigh

Comment

Let a couple of guys go out to my place this morning. First geese ever shot at my land. Have had lots fly over going from roost to the grass farm that is close by. Apparently these 2 flew a little too low.

Comment

Another good one in the infamous SETX oxbow yesterday. Didn’t see a lot of ducks but the ones we saw did it right. 19 mallards (18 greenheads) and 4 mottleds. 1 short of our 4 full limits.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome straps guys!!

Hoping to make it back out Friday/Saturday. Truck problems have prevent me getting the Can-am anywhere...

Comment

Train wreck morning yesterday. 200 birds came in 15 minutes early. They left and about 5 came back. Killed 3 Puerto Rican Mallards
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                              Another good one in the infamous SETX oxbow yesterday. Didn’t see a lot of ducks but the ones we saw did it right. 19 mallards (18 greenheads) and 4 mottleds. 1 short of our 4 full limits.
                              Most mallards I’ve seen on a strap from anyone in Texas. Incredible hunt where almost limits of mallards with your kicker being a mottled duck.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post

Sure beats shooting cows. Headed down to the coast Thursday morning to kill some ducks over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X