20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    First trip to the coast today! We had our 6 redhead drakes in 15 minutes! Hunted another hour and killed one pintail. Never been here before so it was a cool change of pace! Airboat ride was cool too. Got a good chuckle out of fhe ear muffs for the dog!
    Pics or it didn't happen lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Found some old footage of the famous Claypool Reservoir near Weiner AR.

Incredible seeing 300,000 mallards on one spot. This aired live on ABC's Wide World of Sports in 1956. The story is they had to run miles of electric wire and TV cable to the reservoir where they would set up cameras.

They said they somehow herded the ducks to the middle of the reservoir in order to have them that close together. Then they exploded TNT close to them and that's when the explosion of ducks erupted. Just incredible.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-p9s5L-92s"]Claypool Reservoir Vintage Footage from 1956 - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by unclefish; 01-05-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

First trip to the coast today! We had our 6 redhead drakes in 15 minutes! Hunted another hour and killed one pintail. Never been here before so it was a cool change of pace! Airboat ride was cool too. Got a good chuckle out of fhe ear muffs for the dog!
        First time I hunted the coast, we were taken out in a flat bottom skiff boat, but was picked up by an airboat. We packed up everything on the airboat, including my dog. Then the engine started. You should have seen my dog try to run up the front of that airboat trying to get away from that engine.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Found some old footage of the famous Claypool Reservoir near Weiner AR.

Incredible seeing 300,000 mallards on one spot. This aired live on ABC's Wide World of Sports in 1956. The story is they had to run miles of electric wire and TV cable to the reservoir where they would set up cameras.

They said they somehow herded the ducks to the middle of the reservoir in order to have them that close together. Then they exploded TNT close to them and that's when the explosion of ducks erupted. Just incredible.

Claypool Reservoir Vintage Footage from 1956 - YouTube

We goose hunt around there. What a sight that would be to see ducks that thick.

Comment

Anyone hunting Redhead Blast out of POC this weekend?

Comment

This morning was a joke! Some airboat dip**** fired up at legal light and drove around for an hour! Drove all the ducks out the marsh. I don’t hunt down here but the 2 days I’ve been here this seems the norm! We didn’t want to shoot ducks. When you only can shoot 2 we wanted to shoot good drakes. Came in without firing a shot and we f back out this evening without the dip chit blowing up the marsh and had our 6 and 3 bonus widgeon in a couple hours. Headed for oysters in Sea Drift now. Headed home tomorrow! Been fun! Always like doing something different.

Comment

That has turned into a big problem down there. Idiots running airboats around moving birds.
                Congrats on getting some birds!

Comment

I’m sure these storms did a good push out for birds

Comment

Shot my first woody yesterday morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                      Anyone hunting Redhead Blast out of POC this weekend?
                      My next door neighbor is. I'm passing for the second time in like 10 years

Comment

Avian X decoys are on sale at Academy’s. Also Field and Stream will price match and the Baybrook cashier throws in cheaper numbers then he should’ve lol

Not all are mine. Just half.

Also if you are in Houston it’s mostly teal scattered around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who did you book with?

Comment

Have room for 2 possible 3 if your small Saturday if anyone is interested

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                              Have room for 2 possible 3 if your small Saturday if anyone is interested
                              I thought your season was finished.
                              Found some more time?
                              I'd go, but trying to get my boy on this ghost buck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                                I thought your season was finished.
                                Found some more time?
                                I'd go, but trying to get my boy on this ghost buck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                                Trip canceled this weekend lol if they keep showing up I’ll
                                Keep killing em

Comment

Working...
                                X