20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
    Was planning the weekend of the 1st but iv checked with buddies in central AR and northeast AR all said the same lowest water they seen with low numbers of ducks. Like you said unless something drastic changes in the next week and a half idk what im gonna do
    They haven’t been around long if it’s the lowest they’ve seen lol! But it’s not very good either. It was fine up here until a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      They haven’t been around long if it’s the lowest they’ve seen lol! But it’s not very good either. It was fine up here until a couple weeks ago.
      Well i see Augusta should be getting a little rain for a few days after Christmas with some cold so maybe it will get right

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
        45 mixed bag
        To expand a little on the pic, there was a total of 8 hunters but one was inside cooking breakfast.
        The one on the right sitting down is paralyzed from the waist down but loves to duck hunt.
        He is the cousin of the 2 boys that help brush blinds that is from Tennessee. He hunts a lake for divers so he has a blast getting after the puddle ducks. This is the second year he has come down.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
          To expand a little on the pic, there was a total of 8 hunters but one was inside cooking breakfast.
          The one on the right sitting down is paralyzed from the waist down but loves to duck hunt.
          He is the cousin of the 2 boys that help brush blinds that is from Tennessee. He hunts a lake for divers so he has a blast getting after the puddle ducks. This is the second year he has come down.
          Teal and gads make about as fine a breakfast (or any other meal) as you could fry up!l

That is awesome that y’all include him. It’s a hard thing to manage for handicapped guys & you have to get creative.

My grandpa always let me go with them when I was young and he was handicapped by the time I was ten or so from strokes. Dad and I took him all we could afterwards. He would rather stay home than hunt a field so dad and I built him a little wooden ramp we could get him down at dads woods. Not easy going, but the old man was a purist, lol!

Comment

8 ducks and 2 geese this morning! Slow morning!!

Comment

A couple of shots from our hunt a few weeks ago. New lens, and I was trying to get use to it..
              Attached Files
              Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                A couple of shots from our hunt a few weeks ago. New lens, and I was trying to get use to it..
                Amazing photos

Comment

A couple from last week out of Lubbock. Didn't hammer the geese, but we did our share of thinning the flocks! Some pretty tough hunts, wind wise. On day it was 35mph!
                  Attached Files
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Those duck pics remind me of the find the species picks in the DU magazines! Very cool! Ducks won today. Managed 3 and came home! Work some. Christmas and head to the deer woods. Not sure if I will make it out anymore after ducks.

Comment

Les- Those photos are also? What’s your setup and what settings are you shooting in? Specifically the shutter speed

Comment

Les those are some amazing pictures. What distance are you at when you are taking these? It’s pretty amazing to see the bill colors and the boot lips that distinctly in your pictures.

Second question, how do you process/treat your sandhill? I read that some people age them and other just soak in water. I’m going on my first crane hunt this year so trying to get up to speed.

Comment

Great pics Lesto! You finally get all the sand cleaned out of your gear?

Here's a couple recent pics from my end as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

We hit the salt water the last couple days. It was a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit a small pond on my lease and got my first wood duck. Thought about mounting it but broke the wing up pretty good. Anything to look for if you’re mounting one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pics Les and Moose. And everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X