No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slow morning after hundreds of birds were seen in the exact spot the day before.

8 total with a goose kicker

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Very slow morning after hundreds of birds were seen in the exact spot the day before.

8 total with a goose kicker
      You must’ve been hunting near Winnie/Anahuac. Exact circumstance we faced too.

Ended up with 1 gadwall and 1 green wing teal.

Comment

Slow on East side of Houston. Also heard slow around Garwood.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          After deer hunting all of the first split it felt good to be back in the marsh today. Started slow with no wind and thick fog but once it lifted the birds started moving around.
          [IMG][/IMG]
          Congrats Donnie!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Slow on East side of Houston. Also heard slow around Garwood.
            Everyone I’ve spoke with in the anahuac to Winnie area said it was real slow.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Everyone I’ve spoke with in the anahuac to Winnie area said it was real slow.
              Same here. West side isn't any better from a few 1st hand reports.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Same here. West side isn't any better from a few 1st hand reports.
                I'm guessing the storms that blew through last night pushed a bunch of the birds out.

Duck hunting is a lot like fishing: "You shoulda been here yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I'm guessing the storms that blew through last night pushed a bunch of the birds out.

Duck hunting is a lot like fishing: "You shoulda been here yesterday."
                  That sentence was 1000% correct for us today lol

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    Nice!
                    How many people did yall have in the spread? Easy 20+ right
                    Not quite. We have 7 guys in our group and hunted with a dad and his son on their first waterfowl hunt. 9 total.

Today the birds were a little tougher getting to finish, but we had the best lesser tornado I've been in, and they finished beautifully. Absolutely incredible.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                      Not quite. We have 7 guys in our group and hunted with a dad and his son on their first waterfowl hunt. 9 total.

Today the birds were a little tougher getting to finish, but we had the best lesser tornado I've been in, and they finished beautifully. Absolutely incredible.
                      Oh ok, I guess that 150 is a typo? Or maybe I'm confused... I was thinking the 150 indicated the number of birds yall shot.

Comment

Cranes, snows, specks, mallards, and lessors! Nice mixed bag Moose!

I like how the dog is looking at the line, and lick-n his lips.

Comment

Another slow day for us.... Started like it was going to be good but man it slowed down in a hurry

Comment

5 man Saturday 3 man Sunday with a cinnamon can’t complain

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              Oh ok, I guess that 150 is a typo? Or maybe I'm confused... I was thinking the 150 indicated the number of birds yall shot.

He was telling username 150class good job.

I haven't seriously duck hunted in about 10 yrs but went crane/ goose hunting last weekend. After that and looking at y'alls pictures I got the itch again. Only had 1 group of teal come in this morning and only got 1 drake.

I hope to add pictures to the thread over the next few weeks.

Comment

Had two good days in the marsh. I am not picky though - limits included shovelers (taste good to me). Hunting was slower today.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X