No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking blinds 150 and No-tox, ready for Saturday to be here already.

Comment

I'll be in Cabo this weekend for the youth opener. Kids aren't too happy..don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        That is an awesome setup. I am jealous!

What part of the world are you hunting?

I miss the days of having a permanent blind in the marsh or rice fields and shooting birds every time we went all year in SWLA.
        One property is in the Liberty/Hardin area and the other is down by the Anahuac Refuge

Comment

Great setups guys! Y'all are giving me some good ideas for my place.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            We got my blinds set up last weekend. Can't wait for the North opener.
            Do yall do anything with the pond weed prior to the hunt? I am curious how that affects your decoys. I have never hunted still water like that so it is completely foreign to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
              Do yall do anything with the pond weed prior to the hunt? I am curious how that affects your decoys. I have never hunted still water like that so it is completely foreign to me.
              Nope, we leave the duck weed there and it gets on everything, including the dog every time she retrieves a duck. The first cold snap and strong wind will get rid of most of it.
              If it is a slow hunt, you will have to go out and "clear" out the duck weed around the decoys so it looks like they have been feeding in there for awhile. When going into the wetlands right now, you can tell where the ducks have been as there is a hole with not as thick weed as other spots.

Comment

Nope, we leave the duck weed there and it gets on everything, including the dog every time she retrieves a duck. The first cold snap and strong wind will get rid of most of it.
                If it is a slow hunt, you will have to go out and "clear" out the duck weed around the decoys so it looks like they have been feeding in there for awhile. When going into the wetlands right now, you can tell where the ducks have been as there is a hole with not as thick weed as other spots.
                That is interesting. Like I said I have never hunted where it is that thick. Do you have to place your decoys versus just toss them so it doesn't cover your decoys?

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                  That is interesting. Like I said I have never hunted where it is that thick. Do you have to place your decoys versus just toss them so it doesn't cover your decoys?
                  Yes, placing them is better than throwing them and getting the weed on them.

Comment

Well I was just recruited to go work on a blind in the Marsh this week so the old farts can sit there and point to tell me what to do lol

Comment

How many acres of water is that spot?

Comment

We got my blinds set up last weekend. Can't wait for the North opener.

Is this private or public land looks awfully birdie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Well I was just recruited to go work on a blind in the Marsh this week so the old farts can sit there and point to tell me what to do lol
                          You saw the 2 high school kids in the pic in front if the big blind....they are invited to help brush up the blinds in exchange for some hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterburch42 View Post
                            Is this private or public land looks awfully birdie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Private

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                              How many acres of water is that spot?
                              About 25 flooded right now.

Comment

You saw the 2 high school kids in the pic in front if the big blind....they are invited to help brush up the blinds in exchange for some hunts.
                                Yep! Don’t mind at all helping.

Comment

Working...
                                X