• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dekes

I run avian x and dakota flocked mallards. Seems the dakotas have better movement in lower winds. Don't really see many mallards so hardly ever use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronotrigger View Post
        This year the landowner put a metal, floating dock on his tank I hunt. Do y'all think that it could have an adverse effect on ducks using this tank as they have in the past?
        Two of the ponds I have permission to hunt have large docks on them and they don't bother the birds at all. One was built in between seasons, has a big metal covered thing on the end, etc. It hasn't impacted anything. The other one extends halfway out into the pond and has a powerline running over the top. It makes for some difficult and interesting setups, but doesn't bother the birds a bit.

I would think as long as there's plenty of water around for them to land, it shouldn't bother them.

Comment

Random question for you guys.... What is the limit for Black Belly Whistlers? Is it 1 or 6?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Random question for you guys.... What is the limit for Black Belly Whistlers? Is it 1 or 6?
            6 in texas

Comment

We had a decent teal season only mad it out a handful of times. Got to watch a dog I trained make its first retrieve. Ready for big duck

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Which decoy brands do you guys prefer?

I've been running Avian-X but plan on adding 3-4 dozen more this season and was curious who recommends what? Saw hardcore is running a 20% off 1 dz
                Old junky ones, mostly. We’ve repainted a bunch. Started using some jugs painted black and I really like them.

Comment

Went to check on a newborn calf a couple hours ago and the main tank was full of duck. Mostly coots, but a few Gadwall and pintail mixed in.
                  There was one I couldn't identify. Brave dude, drove up to within 50 yards and it paid me no mind as it was swimming in open water. Pics were taken thru my binos so they are a bit fuzzy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    If you ever plan on fishing or anything else with it go outboard.

If you're buying it to do nothing but hunt a surface drive can work well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    I have a 17' Bayhawk for fun. Want the surface drive for river and marsh running

Comment

Ruddy duck in the open water picture

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                        I have a 17' Bayhawk for fun. Want the surface drive for river and marsh running

Gravel bars will eat a surface drives lunch and our rivers have a lot seems like I have found most with my prop

Comment

Anyone draw any epostcard hunts? I drew richland chambers for mid December.

Comment

Nope. Maybe next year.

Comment

Anybody else on here also hunt public land pretty exclusively across the state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                                Anybody else on here also hunt public land pretty exclusively across the state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Me and my son do.

Comment

Working...
                                X