No announcement yet.

A/T Tires for Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they have changed the compound of the Nitto Terra Grapplers over the years because I had a set on a Tacoma back in 2009/2010 and they were really soft. I only got 35,000 out of them.

So, if you have 85k and like how they performed for you, why look anywhere else?

Comment

A/T Tires for Trucks

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Bobby jo if you're trying to decide between the nittos and the bfg, I'd stick with the nittos. The BGFs don't last that long in my experience.

Don’t necessarily agree here. My wife has the BFG KO2 on her Tundra with right at 58,000 on them and they are in great shape... as long as you rebalance at every 5000 mile rotation instead of just rotating, almost any tire will last a looong time

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
      I’m a little biased on tires I guess you could say. I work for cooper tire and rubber company and cure a couple thousand tires a day in molds. With that said, for an all terrain I like the at3 line of tires. If you are looking for something insanely tough with really thick sidewall the st maxx is a good one. That’s if your looking for other options

I agree with this... I just put a set of 275/60r20’s Cooper AT3 XLT’s on my Titan XD and they are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. They only set me back $1200 and some change

The wife’s almost 60,000 mile BFG’s

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        What do you run them on? In my experience with 7 sets so far they do awesome on lighter trucks, and horrible on heavier trucks. My half tons I can get 80K out of them every time. My 2500s/350 they wouldn’t make it to 40k.
        Crew cab Sierra 1500, 4x4. I did just put a summit series ranchhand on the front and noticed the inner tread wearing pretty fast now on the front tires. It only added 60lbs extra to the front end so I’m wondering why they’re wearing like that now.

Comment

I just put a new set of BFG A/t on @ 55k. They still had plenty of tread they just got old (5 years) you cannot go wrong with a major brand rated for 50-60k warranty

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
            I’m a little biased on tires I guess you could say. I work for cooper tire and rubber company and cure a couple thousand tires a day in molds. With that said, for an all terrain I like the at3 line of tires. If you are looking for something insanely tough with really thick sidewall the st maxx is a good one. That’s if your looking for other options
            What is the official bean to meat ratio in a good chili?

Comment

I personally like the BFG K2s. Just had another set up on after 91380 on the original set. Tundra crew max truck. Guy at discount said I could most likely get 100k out of that set but I felt it was time. All 4 tires were still in the green on tread depth. But if you can get 85 out the tires you had, the I wouldn’t change.

Comment

What do you run them on? In my experience with 7 sets so far they do awesome on lighter trucks, and horrible on heavier trucks. My half tons I can get 80K out of them every time. My 2500s/350 they wouldn’t make it to 40k.
                Same experience here on my 2001 F350 7.3. The Nittos barely made it to 40k miles.

Comment

If you're looking for A/T's because you need them for all terrain, Do NOT go with BFG A/T's... Have a set on my ranch truck with less than 10K miles on them and they're torn up so bad, they won't pass inspection. Discount Tire has replaced 3 of them under warranty because of broken belts... The ranch I drove the truck on mostly has a lot of rock and rough roads. It was not driven off-road, but what we call roads is sometimes a bit of a stretch... The guy at Discount Tire couldn't believe the tires only had 5K on the ones that they replaced... I told him I got them for "all terrain" service and he said, "Well, maybe they should call them "some terrain" tires! I'm headed out today to run to the ranch and pick it up to bring it to town for some mechanical work. While I have it at home, I will put new tires on it... I've run Toyo tires before with good success, but never had any of their "all terrain" tires. Think I'll give them a try based on the OP's experience... The ranch I'm on now though is much less rugged and the BFG's would probably work. Again if you're looking for real "all terrain" tires, look at something else beside BFG A/T's.

Comment

I had 94k on a truck I traded in with terra grapplers. I would’ve had a little more if I hadn’t traded the truck.

Comment

Same here. Tried the Ridge Grapplers after coming off Cooper AT Maxx and will be stretching it to get 50K. Ram 2500 with 6.7. Ride was more smooth with the Nitto, but Cooper seems the tougher tire. Some off road stuff in Texas and a mountain trip each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I don’t eat chili with beans lol. I’m just a production worker,not a salesman and I don’t make any money for recommending them. I’ve owned other brands. But I can tell you that cooper makes a safe product when it leaves the plant. I’m Leary of other brands because I see what all could go wrong in the production process that could lead to an unsafe product. Cooper is top notch

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          That would be one part beef to zero parts beans.

I've had great luck with the toyo open country a/t

Comment

Look at Coopers if your looking for a change...the all terrains are pretty awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              That would be one part beef to zero parts beans.

I've had great luck with the toyo open country a/t
                              I just thought he was Uncle Cooper.

Comment

Maybe not too well known in Texas....

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W are one of the most popular truck tires here in the Midwest. Gravel roads, snow, mud, they handle it all and wear really good.

https://www.falkentire.com/tires/lig...peaka/t3w-tire

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X