Deer and creep feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer and creep feeders

Would a deer eat out of a creep feeder if you cut the bars off that only allow the small animals to get in? Was thinking a 2000 lb. creep feeder might be the way to go when feeding protein. What do y'all think?

dont see why it wouldnt work

Comment

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. The deer don't seem to like to eat out of the 4 way tubes at our place.

Comment

ive shot pigs that were eating out of a creep feeder before so i dont see why a deer wouldnt eat out of one

Comment

I have seen several deer eating out of mineral feeders on a cattle ranch I used to work on. Same concept just no bars around it basically just a trough with two sides and a top.

Comment

I don't know!! Uhh....I mean yes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesq Forks (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	23815510

Comment

I have several friends that use them for protein and they work fine.

Comment

We have about 12 to 15 on the Junco that we're trying to phase out because of the coon waste. The deer use them just fine, but the coons can really be a problem. They are Bode feeders. I don't know how much they are new, but I bet you can get them at a deal used. We can put about 22 sacks in them.

Comment

I have seen elk eating out of them, so I know a deer can. Only problem is the kind I saw had a long covered top and I think it resulted in anters broken at times when they get to jacking around under it.

We use one for our cattle and it holds over 30 sacks of feed or pellets. It was one of the large green ones from Tractor supply.

Comment

Working...
                  X