No announcement yet.

Barndo Financing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did a 2400sq ft living area plus front and back porches of 8 X 60. We are in a place where I did not have to worry about permits ans such. We hired some of it done but we have done a lot of it. I still need to finish some cosmetic stuff but we are probably around 150,000 right now which include 10,000 that I spent on my well. I can have this thing buttoned up for less that 10,000 more. I just need the time. My wife and I can do everything except electrical. We have an old family friends that is an electrician. We supplied all of the materials. When he was done I asked him for a bill and he would not accept payment. Said it was a house warming gift. Also there are several plumbers in her family. We did pay them but got our fixtures a lot cheaper than retail. We did help them with the install and just paid them a little cash. That helped out a good bit. Good luck and shop your prices hard.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
      I own a metal erecting company and just talked to another TBH this week about his build. If you have any questions on material, structure, plans, etc etc please feel free to hit me up. Also, be very picky on your builder and concrete when it comes down to your barndo. If in the rural area I’d personally only be looking at weld-up and not pre engineered. Will save you some money and can make changes on the fly if they come up.

Also, do your shopping for the material. Mueller is one of the highest in the business. Good ppl with knowledge but their prices are crazy!!
      PM sent brotha.

Comment

Talked to the lender I originally planned on using today and they sound like they want no part of a barndominium. They’re big time, whatever. Talked to one of the small banks in Bridgeport where I plan on building and they said not a problem! Apparently they do them pretty often these days. Now to find myself a builder and someone to draw up some plans. Anybody in that biz?

Comment

Working...
        X