No announcement yet.

Any Dwight Yoakum fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love his music. He’s a great actor too! My favorite line of his from Sling Blade was very un-PC.....but here it is...”I hate fa****s, re****s, and smart *** kids! And she’s gone and got one of each!”

Comment

Seen him in Nashville and Corpus Christi, been a huge fan for as long as i can remember
      , never seen or heard this one..
      Thanks..
      Really like his style of music..
      Yes, he and Buck Owens were great together.

Comment

I saw Dwight years ago at the Houston Rodeo AND HE was AWESOME. His show lasted for hours and I heard he got into trouble for staying so long. Best rodeo show ever, and I went to a whole lot of them.

Comment

If you ever get to see an interview with him watch it. He is brilliant. Watching him talk about the song of Merle Haggards called “mamas hungry eyes” let’s you know what country music is all about.

Someone had a thread on here a while back called “is Dwight Yoakum the last great troubadour?” My answer is yes.

Comment

I’m a fan. Have been for many years

Comment

Big fan here too. I listen to him all the time.

Comment

One of my many favorite Dwight songs!!

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8yTcgY-bE"]Dwight Yoakam – Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room (She Wore Red Dresses) (Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Yes and I loved him in Sling Blade.

Comment

I’m a fan for sure! Had his own sound. One of the best !

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      Saw him at floors many years bs k and he was great. Saw him last year at nutty brown and it was terrible, although the sound and acoustics of the venue were probably to blame.

I like the guy a whole lot, both as an actor and as a singer.

You watch his characters in Crash, Safe Room or Wedding crashers you would have no earthly idea he is a country music legend

You can’t list those movies and not mention Sling Blade. That’s just wrong. I too appreciate him as an actor. I’m a fan of most everything he’s done. He even has a catchy bluegrass version of Purple Rain

Comment

DIXIE with Buck introducing him.

Comment

Now I’m down the YouTube rabbit hole. I’ve never heard this version of 7 Spanish Angels. Dwight with Chris Stapleton.

Comment

I only listen to Dwight Yoakum when I'm inside the pocket of a clown, or if I happen to be a thousand miles from now where. Great artist.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              https://youtu.be/UJCPnd3NDNs

DIXIE with Buck introducing him.

Man that’s good. Never heard the acoustic version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Billy Bob killed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X