This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    By saying LSU is about right doesn’t mean i agree, i just understand the system.... I’d take a 3 lose SEC team over what y’all have to offer most years. As would most betting places however “you can’t put a 3 loss team over a one loss team” is all you’ll hear from the lesser conferences with much weaker SOS so to appease them they get rated higher, then exposed when they meet teams with “worse records”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly why UCF kept getting play.

Comment

The SEC is the best conference. It's not as vastly superior as the fans think and the eastern media says. Not sure about this season but the last few years the Big 12 had good SOS ratings. They've done OK against the SEC in bowls as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like delpit tore his Achilles today [emoji51] dam you know those GMs are punching the air when those injuries happen!

Comment

Looks like delpit tore his Achilles today [emoji51] dam you know those GMs are punching the air when those injuries happen!

Hate to see stuff like that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            It's certainly not the Tennessee and Florida from the old days.

Serious question. If Mond is so bad how are they pre season ranked above Texas with Ehlinger?
            No clue.....Ehlinger > Mond. Historically, we have always been ranked high at the beginning of the season and by the time the season is over, we’re right where we belong....usually not ranked.

Tennessee has a little surge at the end of last year, we’ll see how that momentum continues. Florida defense is good, but they won’t score enough to beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Historically, we have always been ranked high at the beginning of the season and by the time the season is over, we’re right where we belong....usually not ranked
              No truer words ever spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                No truer words ever spoken.
                Sorry to have to chime in here, but this is actually not a true statement and far from it actually.

Below is what we were ranked pre-season in the AP since joining SEC

2012 - NR
                2013 - #7
                2014 - #21
                2015 - NR
                2016 - NR
                2017 - NR
                2018 - NR
                2019 - #12
                2020 - #13

In the last 9 years, we started the season unranked in 5 of them. There is a false narrative out there we are usually ranked preseason rather highly.

Comment

I'm betting the same for Texas would produce different results. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    It's certainly not the Tennessee and Florida from the old days.

Serious question. If Mond is so bad how are they pre season ranked above Texas with Ehlinger?

Better question is how does Ehlinger and Myles Brennan who has 0 starts have the same heisman odds.

Comment

Same for Rattler, a rs freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        Sorry to have to chime in here, but this is actually not a true statement and far from it actually.

2012 - NR
                        2013 - #7
                        2014 - #21
                        2015 - NR
                        2016 - NR
                        2017 - NR
                        2018 - NR
                        2019 - #12
                        2020 - #13

In the last 9 years, we started the season unranked in 5 of them. There is a false narrative out there we are usually ranked preseason rather highly.
                        I stand corrected. Thank you for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

2012 - NR
                          2013 - #7
                          2014 - #21
                          2015 - NR
                          2016 - NR
                          2017 - NR
                          2018 - NR
                          2019 - #12
                          2020 - #13

Well we have sucked for so long it sure seems like a true narrative.

Comment

Sheesh this isn’t a typical Aggie tone! I’m gonna need more tradition an new car smell from y’all!!!!!

Comment

Sheesh this isn’t a typical Aggie tone! I’m gonna need more tradition an new car smell from y’all!!!!!

Maybe the swag-choppa can be reupholstered to obtain that new car smell

Comment

Its depressing being 8-5, 9-4, 7-6 all the time and never achieving elite status. We aint doin no winnin with Mond.

Comment

Working...
                                X