Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    My hair cut cost $32 and I round it up to $40

The pizza place has a tip jar for the cooks in the kitchen I usually don’t tip the kitchen staff ( the owner should pay the back of the house a decent wage)

Take out gets a tip when they make a effort to show me the order is correct and complete
    $32 for a haircut? grossly overpaying

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
      That's like the person that cuts your hair having tip jar at their station. I'm paying for a haircut, I'm not getting served drinks and food. Why I quit going to the chain type hair places.
      Mistake #1 was going to a “chain type hair places” find you a good barber and they will do you right. I tip 50% to the people that cut my hair. There friendly and do a great job. I cannot imagine touching somebody’s nasty *** head for 20 bucks so I try to make it right.
      A friendly person at a counter that may have made my experience a little better..well, I don’t mind sharing a few bucks in return.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        Mistake #1 was going to a “chain type hair places” find you a good barber and they will do you right. I tip 50% to the people that cut my hair. There friendly and do a great job. I cannot imagine touching somebody’s nasty *** head for 20 bucks so I try to make it right.
        A friendly person at a counter that may have made my experience a little better..well, I don’t mind sharing a few bucks in return.
        Haven't been to one in years. I go to a local girl who charges $12 for a guys haircut and she is great. It takes her 15 minutes and she doesn't have a tip jar suggesting she needs more money for what she's providing. If she thought she needed more she'll go up on her price.

Comment

I tip 20% minimum. In the grand scheme of things it's not a whole lot of extra money for me and it helps them out. My wife used to be a waitress so I've seen things from the other side. A large tip will make their whole day.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
            I tip 20% minimum. In the grand scheme of things it's not a whole lot of extra money for me and it helps them out. My wife used to be a waitress so I've seen things from the other side. A large tip will make their whole day.
            That's about what I do at restaurants.

Comment

That's like the person that cuts your hair having tip jar at their station. I'm paying for a haircut, I'm not getting served drinks and food. Why I quit going to the chain type hair places.
              I tip my barber every time. I enjoy his company and he’s good at what he does...the price of the cut plus the tip is what I think his service is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                You ain’t gonna whoop nuthin
                Like I said before...you are not very intelligent.

Comment

[QUOTE=pilar;15010503]My hair cut cost $32 and I round it up to $40

$32 for a men's haircut?Does this include a perm and highlights?

Local barber charges me $15 to shave my head with straight razor and hot shaving cream! I give him $20.

Comment

I always tip the cashier.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      Like I said before...you are not very intelligent.
                      Sure I am. I have street smarts, two degrees, retired at 40, served my country for over 20 years, and have peace of mind.

Take care

Comment

A computer program for learning if the teachers ain’t gonna fight to open schools or resist the current climate. Fact is a kid can learn more from reading themselves than most schools these days. I just don’t care to pay tax money for education but the kids aren’t receiving it. I feel a waitress deserves that money currently.

I think some of you fail to realize “we are at war”, the most important words spoken at the Trump campaign of 2016 by Marcus Luttrell.

Don’t really care if folk like my opinion.

Smdh. Ok. Not sure why we haven’t thought of this before. Getting kids reading these days is like putting a cat on a leash. Especially if that’s the lone way of learning. To suggest a one size fits all learning is crazy. Who are these teachers going to “fight”? The self serving politicians who are busy with their junior high antics, and more worried about November than anything? Good luck with that. I don’t know how many teachers you know, but if they all “don’t want to go back” then you know some shi**ty teachers. You’re seeing exactly what the media wants you to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          My hair cut cost $32 and I round it up to $40

The pizza place has a tip jar for the cooks in the kitchen I usually don’t tip the kitchen staff ( the owner should pay the back of the house a decent wage)

Take out gets a tip when they make a effort to show me the order is correct and complete

****, what are you getting done? [emoji15]

Comment

Sure I am. I have street smarts, two degrees, retired at 40, served my country for over 20 years, and have peace of mind.

Take care

Thank you for your service. We don’t have to agree for me to respect that.

Comment

Haven't been to one in years. I go to a local girl who charges $12 for a guys haircut and she is great. It takes her 15 minutes and she doesn't have a tip jar suggesting she needs more money for what she's providing. If she thought she needed more she'll go up on her price.
                              There was not a tip jar on the table I ate dinner at last night either but I still tipped. If I receive good service I compensate for it. Those people remember that act and my experience is that it will probably even be better service the next time I am there. I assure you they remember.
                              I am certain you are a guy that I would not walk into a restaurant with more than once with so it doesn’t really matter now does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Smdh. Ok. Not sure why we haven’t thought of this before. Getting kids reading these days is like putting a cat on a leash. Especially if that’s the lone way of learning. To suggest a one size fits all learning is crazy. Who are these teachers going to “fight”? The self serving politicians who are busy with their junior high antics, and more worried about November than anything? Good luck with that. I don’t know how many teachers you know, but if they all “don’t want to go back” then you know some shi**ty teachers. You’re seeing exactly what the media wants you to see.

Sir, its no secret folk don’t see through the same lense as I, many have those rose colored versions.

My opinion, its the parents job to teach the child to read which opens up the world to them. I think teaching a child to read and to swim are two of the most important things a parent can do.

Folk get too hung up on organized education and religion. We are the church and we are teachers.

Comment

Working...
                                X