YouTube mechanic videos to the rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Always drove Chevys so I've never had to use youtube to learn how to fix anything.
    Ahhhh--- I see, you ordered the same keyboard...….

Comment

7.3L oil dipstick o-ring leak. The fitting and o-ring are on the inside of the oil pan the nut is on the outside. Mechanic brings my brother back to show him the problem. Mechanic tells him the book say oil pan has to be removed and the only way to do that is take the motor out to the tune of $4500. YouTube fixed it for $12.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
        too many to count
        This^^, The one this good about the internet.

Comment

I have developed a distrust for repairmen especially auto repair shops. I thought I found a shop based on reviews. Took my E350 in to fix a hesitation I thought was fuel or coil packs so the mechanic found $3500 of things that could be fixed. I kinda did’nt mind finding out what they thought was broken but $3500 in repairs on a van not worth that is laughable.

I let them fix the AC and a oil changed for $260. I found a video on YouTube on how to change the coil packs on my 180,000 mile van. Amazon cheapo coil packs ($60) 2 hours later and my van has never run better.

YouTube has saved me lotsa money on simple repairs. BUT best of all it also lets me know when things are TOO hard for me to attempt. It helps me to know when to write a check and when to do it myself.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
            I have saved myself over $8000 in dealership quoted parts/labor by listening to youtube mechanics. Fordtechmakuloco has been an angel in my garage.

gas cap spring reset
            intercooler weephole fix
            throttle body replacement
            ignition coil replacement
            02sensor replacements
            etc and these are just on one of 2 ford vehicles.
            plus countless other fixes on lawn mower/weedeaters

I detest stealerships and am very thankful and grateful that all this info can be found online.
            Lesson learned don't buy Fords. Lol

Comment

There’s no telling how much money YouTube has saved me. Fixed the electronic 4x4 problems on my 05 z71 Tahoe. I also learned how to work on my bow through watching YouTube. I no longer go to a bow shop.

Comment

About 2k changing the air blenders on my ford and no telling how much on my Jeep cj5.

Comment

Saved thousands on my 6.0 Powerstroke from filters/hubs/cab mounts/vacuum lines/FICM, yeah it’s a 6.0 so you know that list goes on forever. Thanks and RIP DieselTechRon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X