No announcement yet.

Red River NM family trip, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I love that place.. We have been there 4 times, snow skiing, but haven't been in 10 years.. Im sure a lot has changed.. We always stayed at "3 Bears Lodge". The guy who owned it back then was an Elk Hunting guide but also a Texas transplant. We talked a lot. Best I remember most of the town was owned by Texans who moved there.. There was a really good steak house there and several good breakfast cafe's back then..

Comment

There was a lot of wind damage there couple weeks ago when we had those big winds. Down trees etc, Better call someone local before you drive up there to make sure where you are wanting to go offroading isn't all blocked up

Comment

Has anybody been in the last six months? Wanting to go skiing here early March. Is NM still on commie regime lockdown measures?

Comment

We will be there on Sunday…some snow would be nice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No better place for winter vacation we went there every year when our kids were still home most other places just too crowded. Summer is great also watching the kids with their fishing poles waiting on and following the hatchery truck to the culverts is a blast. Watching the mule deer come down every evening and the old man feeding them on his picnic table was cool. My daughter son in-law and grandkids are there now not much snow they got there last week and the cabin they had rented had no power from the high winds the people moved them to a house higher up and they were happy it had more snow. Only one year was not as much fun my son broke his leg second day we spent our two weeks driving back and forth to hospital in Taos.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Has anybody been in the last six months? Wanting to go skiing here early March. Is NM still on commie regime lockdown measures?
              I was in Ruidoso in Sept and Nov and there was no lock down / mask / vax / nazi issues.

Comment

UU Bar Express ranch as mentioned above. They own the St. James hotel in Cimmaron. A night there is like going back to the 19th century. You’ll be amazed at the famous and infamous people who have slept under it’s roof. Bullet holes in the bar ceiling from past gunfights. You’re in the old Maxwell land grant. Lots of history and wildlife. Awesomeness. If you go to Toas be sure to visit Kit Carson’s home. Check out his Hawken rifle and purchase the book that they recommend about the history of the area. He was an extraordinary man. I think it’s called Blood on the Mountain but not sure. Have fun !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  We will be there on Sunday…some snow would be nice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  We own a condo in Angel fire. Looks like they are giving snow the 24th, and 25th. It has been rough this year. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X