No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good weekend. Saturday and Sunday morning, Corky Devil and some of my homemade paddle tails did all the damage.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats everyone!

Comment

Saturday
        Attached Files

Comment

About all I got into yesterday was oversized reds. The first couple three are fun but after that I’m done. BTW, they were stacked in like sardines in 3’ of water.

Michael

Comment

Solid fish guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Solid fish guys!!

Shane, while you're south of the border, you should head on down to "Third Pass"!!! I've had so, so many good days down there!! Even first pass can be good, but it's fished pretty hard by the locals... Third thru 7th passes are "shrimp passes" and not deep enough for boat traffic so lots of good fish there...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Shane, while you're south of the border, you should head on down to "Third Pass"!!! I've had so, so many good days down there!! Even first pass can be good, but it's fished pretty hard by the locals... Third thru 7th passes are "shrimp passes" and not deep enough for boat traffic so lots of good fish there...
                Isn't that where you got popped by the ray? I've heard unreal stories about that place!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

You HAD to bring that up!! YES!! I've been trying to tell you that its too dangerous to be in Mexico but you and Cory jus' won't listen!!

Comment

You boys still fishing? I just bought a new to me boat and took the 2nd half of the month off and will be hitting up Matagorda a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                      You boys still fishing? I just bought a new to me boat and took the 2nd half of the month off and will be hitting up Matagorda a bunch.
                      Here and there. Mainly fishing in the river/diversion area. Trout have been fairly easy.

Comment

Good to hear, thanks for the report!

Comment

I’m planning a trip this weekend hopefully the weather shapes up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

planning on going to Bolivar to fish this weekend. Is it worth taking my fly rod or just stick to deeper water for reds and trout?

Comment

Don't go too deep, I've been getting em shallow.

Comment

are they tailing at all? I've been itching to get some on a fly but if its not worth taking i'll just stick to my spinning and baitcast setups

Comment

Working...
                                X