No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend was definitely a tougher and slower bite for me. We had to work at it to put a box of fish together. I fished West Matagorda Bay on Saturday and East Matagorda Bay on Sunday. Mainly drifting and anchoring, I don't think we boxed a single fish under birds and didn't even see any birds working Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      This weekend was definitely a tougher and slower bite for me. We had to work at it to put a box of fish together. I fished West Matagorda Bay on Saturday and East Matagorda Bay on Sunday. Mainly drifting and anchoring, I don't think we boxed a single fish under birds and didn't even see any birds working Sunday.

Well it looks like you tripped over some somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Well it looks like you tripped over some somewhere
        Some days you just have to go to work and grind them out.

Comment

We fished earlier this week and found some decent fish up to 24” wading, was a grind. With the tides still being so high. Major lull through most of the day and got on a few fish under the birds around 3:30 or 4:00. Had a great time with good friends.

Comment

I love living so close to the water! Launch at first light, catch lunch, head back home and log in to work before 9.

Comment

Here are a couple more trips from this week.

And that is probably gonna be a wrap for me. I am heading south tomorrow afternoon to go hunt for 9 days and will be spending as much time as I can chasing deer from now until the season is over or we kill our deer, if we kill our deer.

It's been one incredible year. All the crazy mess aside I have been busier than ever and the fishing was solid. I sure can't complain. I hope next year is as good. I might get a couple more trips in before the New Year but if not it's been a heck of a ride. Lots of good stuff coming in 2021.

Time to go relax and have some down time with my kids. Y'all keep on 'em.

Comment

And that is probably gonna be a wrap for me. I am heading south tomorrow afternoon to go hunt for 9 days and will be spending as much time as I can chasing deer from now until the season is over or we kill our deer, if we kill our deer.

It's been one incredible year. All the crazy mess aside I have been busier than ever and the fishing was solid. I sure can't complain. I hope next year is as good. I might get a couple more trips in before the New Year but if not it's been a heck of a ride. Lots of good stuff coming in 2021.

Congrats Glenn. You are Mr. Consistent, that’s for sure! I will hit it sparingly between here and the end of February. Hope the rain holds and the fishing stays easy in the river. lol. Hope you get a big one.

Comment

Helluva season Glenn and good luck with the deers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang impressive year you have had Glen!

Comment

Great season for sure. I’ve enjoyed following your success. Best of luck hunting with family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Great season for sure. I’ve enjoyed following your success. Best of luck hunting with family and friends.
                        Thanks, I enjoy seeing all your duck and goose pics on social media too. Ya'll are doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Helluva season Glenn and good luck with the deers
                          Thanks bud. I am not very mad at them but my son sure is. I can tell you I'll probably catch my limit of campfires, naps and good food.

Comment

Good job Glenn. Not many can claim that 2020 was a great year! Congrats!

Comment

Another fantastic morning on the water before work! Just one lure was calling their names - it’s my (kinda) secret weapon.

Before Work Kayak Fishing Success!

Hope y’all enjoy the video!

Last edited by goofiefoot; 11-25-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

I've loved living so close to the water!

Sometimes, you're just in the mood for a fresh-caught lunch. I call it Kayak Grocery Shopping!

Fishing for lunch in the bay

Enjoy the video!

Comment

Working...
                                X