No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent group to share a day with! Bryce was on a mission to catch a limit of reds and I appreciated everyone hanging in and Shane giving up a honey hole so that it happened!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      It was a Great day spent with some Great guys! Bent the rod plenty today!
      Thanks again Everyone! We'll have to do it again!
      David, I've said it before, I want to be like you when I grow up!! I'll admit I was wore out and let peer pressure get me out of the boat on one wade. The next one I just said hell with it and stayed in the boat!

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Excellent group to share a day with! Bryce was on a mission to catch a limit of reds and I appreciated everyone hanging in and Shane giving up a honey hole so that it happened!
      Maybe we should have all picked a fish out of that school on that flat one at a time. Phillip had been working them over pretty good before we all got there.

Capt. Boswell 2.0 did good and bailed me out On the lures and I appreciate it. I can see where that boat of his could be a heck of a good time. I can think of a cool little red hole of bastrop marina that rig would be great for

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Capt. Boswell 2.0 did good and bailed me out On the lures and I appreciate it. I can see where that boat of his could be a heck of a good time. I can think of a cool little red hole of bastrop marina that rig would be great for
        Bastrop Marina is about 10 miles as the crow flies from my house. Holler next time you are around.

Comment

[QUOTE=panhandlehunter;15179811]A little grind but we got a few.

Nice haul for what looks like a great group of guys

[QUOTE=Coastal Ducks;15179482]Well, today didn't suck.

Nice work Capt. looks like you worked hard to make it happen!

Comment

Enjoyed it fellas. It was also great meeting everyone. Look forward to the next one.

Comment

That kid is a grinder! He's no no quit in him! Really enjoy watching the young ones with passion... good stuff!

Had a heck of a good time gents. I do feel like I've been worked over a bit 🤣 .... little sore this AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                That kid is a grinder! He's no no quit in him! Really enjoy watching the young ones with passion... good stuff!

Yes Sir he is. Great Young man & I love his boat!

Had a heck of a good time gents. I do feel like I've been worked over a bit 🤣 .... little sore this AM.

You young'uns just cain't hack it. LOL!! Told momma when we get the ranch closed on I gotta buy me a boat like JP's so I could be back out there this AM! LOL!

Comment

Great son you have there Brent! You & your Wife raise them right! So glad he got his mission accomplished. Wish I had known that. I would have stayed out of the school to see him do it on tailers!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                    Well, today didn't suck. Like I mentioned above I was booked to fish a group from Thomas Turfgrass today in the Turfgrass Producers of Texas tournament in Matagorda. We won that tournament last year and caught a nice box of fish.

Today we did it again. We ended up winning the tournament with the heaviest 6 fish stringer of the day at almost 24 lbs for a flounder, 2 reds and 3 trout. One of my guys won biggest individual trio with a 16 lb trio of one trout, one red and one flounder. He also won big trout with a 27" trout that was about 6.5 lbs. Great day on the water with some really good guys. We had fun and they fished hard until the very end. We didn't have but 1 little barely 15" trout in the box at 1pm and weigh in was at 2pm. Ran from one bay to the other, set up and strummed 4 or 5 good trout in a single drift and then headed to the weigh in.

Nice work Capt!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      A little grind but we got a few.

Good day!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        A little grind but we got a few.

Awesome day guys

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Great son you have there Brent! You & your Wife raise them right! So glad he got his mission accomplished. Wish I had known that. I would have stayed out of the school to see him do it on tailers!

Thanks for the comments guys, we are pretty proud of him.

David, while he was on a mission he wouldn't want anyone else to back down to make it happen, he did say that school aggrevated him pretty good, he was casting across and working it through the middle of them for nothing while people were hooked up on both side of him LOL!

Comment

, he did say that school aggrevated him pretty good, he was casting across and working it through the middle of them for nothing while people were hooked up on both side of him LOL!
                            Been there b4! LOL! Like, what am I doing???????

Comment

I met Bryce and his brother years ago when they came and tracked a deer for me. I dont seem to remember them being much taller than the bed on the ranger. Yesterday he drank a beer with me. **** Brent youre getting old!!!

and yea, theyre good kids. Thats all we can do. Try and raise em right. I think just about everyone here has done that. Without it, the passions we have would fall off the earth

Thanks for the comments guys, we are pretty proud of him.

David, while he was on a mission he wouldn't want anyone else to back down to make it happen, he did say that school aggrevated him pretty good, he was casting across and working it through the middle of them for nothing while people were hooked up on both side of him LOL!

I resemble that remark!!

Someone mind texting me the hero pic from the cleaning table? And like Shane said I wish we could have gotten some pics of 3 of us bowed up on reds at the same time.
                              Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-20-2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I met Bryce and his brother years ago when they came and tracked a deer for me. I dont seem to remember them being much taller than the bed on the ranger. Yesterday he drank a beer with me. **** Brent youre getting old!!!

and yea, theyre good kids. Thats all we can do. Try and raise em right. I think just about everyone here has done that. Without it, the passions we have would fall off the earth

I resemble that remark!!

Someone mind texting me the hero pic from the cleaning table? And like Shane said I wish we could have gotten some pics of 3 of us bowed up on reds at the same time.

I’ll send some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X