2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    I'll be real honest with you, it's been pretty poor. Every year we go through a sort of a transition going from summer patterns to the fall blitz where it gets tough in east bay. I can't fully explain it with certainty but in my mind we go from fish spread out all over the place prowling around over scattered shell to fish starting to bunch up and pull off the shell. If the birds are not working it can be really hard to just go drift or wade and hit fish. You can drift between groups all day and never hit 'em because the little groups spread out all over the place just aren't there. That is about where we are right now. What I am seeing is folks catching a small handful of specks and a good dose of sand trout drifting shell. Wading the reefs has been very hit or miss too with more miss than hit. On some days in some locations you'll hit a good wad of fish and you'll burn 'em down but finding them like that isn't a sure thing.

It is going to bust wide open at any time. There have been a few days with a little bird action and a few days where drifting is good. So it isn't impossible, it is just tougher than you'd think it would be. But every front we have hitting from now on can be the one that sets the whole thing off and then it'll be on bigtime.

Thanks Glenn. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      Thanks Glenn. Much appreciated.

Just secretly hire Glenn and tell your new boat friend Glenn is your ol high school buddy, I’ve heard black kitten fight never dies???

Comment

Way to go Justin! Great Memories being made!

Comment

I agree with Glenn, east bay was a desert when we went Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            As many of you know, I fish quite a bit in POC and have for several decades. I got an invite to fish East Matagorda Bay this weekend with a friend that recently got a new boat and has picked up a new hobby. He wants me to help show him a few things with his new boat that is currently in Sargent. We will likely spend some time on Saturday morning fishing East Magatorda. Any recent updates on fish patterns? I don't know the bay too well but curious what pattern the fish are in? Shell, mud, transition areas? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Pm incoming about POC

Comment

Good job guys, putting in work! I’m hoping to get on the water again soon but I’ve just been swamped

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Good job guys, putting in work! I’m hoping to get on the water again soon but I’ve just been swamped
                I've got 1 or 2 more trips in me before I run my boat up north to my dad's for the winter. He's gonna tinker on it a little.

Like Glenn said it's about to go off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  I've got 1 or 2 more trips in me before I run my boat up north to my dad's for the winter. He's gonna tinker on it a little.

I have a boy dying to make another trip or two and he is TICKED that our tournament cancelled this weekend!

Comment

Good stuff Mayhem and BDann!!

Comment

Justin, love those pics!! I'd rather see the kids catch fish than me catch a whopper any day!

Glen, If I could, I'd sure like to go fish with you!! I just like how you do things! ...one of these days!!! As good as Fall fishin' is, it's hard to lay my bow down and pick up a rod n reel on pretty mornings like this one was...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I have a boy dying to make another trip or two and he is TICKED that our tournament cancelled this weekend!
                        say when!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          say when!

In

Comment

We gonna need more boats

Comment

Im thinking Halloween, then coming home and taking my kids trick or treating.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X