2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Water was Ok Weds,but it would be a little cool that 1st dip. We had waders on ,but later in the day they got warm.
    We weren't brave enough

Comment

Tourney just cancelled in typical 2020 style, I’m ready to go poke sumpin with a pointy stick!

[emoji867][emoji867][emoji867]2020!

Comment

You don't need a tournament to go fishing. Less headaches and less crowds without it.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Congrats Glenn!
          Thanks David!

Comment

As many of you know, I fish quite a bit in POC and have for several decades. I got an invite to fish East Matagorda Bay this weekend with a friend that recently got a new boat and has picked up a new hobby. He wants me to help show him a few things with his new boat that is currently in Sargent. We will likely spend some time on Saturday morning fishing East Magatorda. Any recent updates on fish patterns? I don't know the bay too well but curious what pattern the fish are in? Shell, mud, transition areas? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Comment

We had 4 fun days of fishing with the family. My kids caught a bunch of fish, trout, reds, sand trout, drum. That the beauty of children they just want a tug on the other end.

We found 3 groups of birds in the diversion this morning and they saved the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good times right there!

Comment

Nice going guys!! ^^^

Justin those kiddos look like they're having a blast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    We had 4 fun days of fishing with the family. My kids caught a bunch of fish, trout, reds, sand trout, drum. That the beauty of children they just want a tug on the other end.

We found 3 groups of birds in the diversion this morning and they saved the day.

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Nice going guys!! ^^^

Justin those kiddos look like they're having a blast!!

Yeah they were. You should have seen how ****** the little guy got Monday morning when his first keeper red slipped off the boga and bounced into the drink. [emoji15][emoji51]

I all but jumped in trying to catch him, but just missed. [emoji30]

Bouncing back and forth on those birds was fun. I even got to throw some plastic and catch a few myself.

I caught a skip Jack I guarantee was 24”. When he finally surfaced I thought he was a tarpon at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Good times right there. I always find it funny how much your daughter looks like Erin and how much Barrett looks just like you.

Comment

I’ve been having fun chasing reds in the marsh! October is a great month to fish!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            As many of you know, I fish quite a bit in POC and have for several decades. I got an invite to fish East Matagorda Bay this weekend with a friend that recently got a new boat and has picked up a new hobby. He wants me to help show him a few things with his new boat that is currently in Sargent. We will likely spend some time on Saturday morning fishing East Magatorda. Any recent updates on fish patterns? I don't know the bay too well but curious what pattern the fish are in? Shell, mud, transition areas? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
                            I'll be real honest with you, it's been pretty poor. Every year we go through a sort of a transition going from summer patterns to the fall blitz where it gets tough in east bay. I can't fully explain it with certainty but in my mind we go from fish spread out all over the place prowling around over scattered shell to fish starting to bunch up and pull off the shell. If the birds are not working it can be really hard to just go drift or wade and hit fish. You can drift between groups all day and never hit 'em because the little groups spread out all over the place just aren't there. That is about where we are right now. What I am seeing is folks catching a small handful of specks and a good dose of sand trout drifting shell. Wading the reefs has been very hit or miss too with more miss than hit. On some days in some locations you'll hit a good wad of fish and you'll burn 'em down but finding them like that isn't a sure thing.

It is going to bust wide open at any time. There have been a few days with a little bird action and a few days where drifting is good. So it isn't impossible, it is just tougher than you'd think it would be. But every front we have hitting from now on can be the one that sets the whole thing off and then it'll be on bigtime.

Comment

Good times justin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Spot on from Glen. I sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                                X