2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    You don't need a beach pass if you go past the public beach in surfside itself. We have bought them before at the store on the SW side of the intersection right after you come off of the bridge over the ICW.
    Gracias.

Comment

Went down to access 5 this morning. Small trout, croaker and ladyfish but a beautiful sunrise.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        Went down to access 5 this morning. Small trout, croaker and ladyfish but a beautiful sunrise.

Beautiful Pic! How was the water color? May make a roll in AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post

We were just a ways down the beach from you. There was like 5 pound ladyfish out there everywhere.

Comment

Tough fishing on surfside yesterday evening. 3rd cast once getting out to the 3rd bar I hooked up with a solid fish and thought it was about to be on! Turned out to be a 25" blacktip. Didn't catch another fish for 2 hours.

Water color was ok and there seemed to be bait everywhere as the birds were constantly working up and down the beach and were picking up tons of shrimp & shad. Trout had to be in there, just weren't eating. Bait was not nervous at all. Ended up catching one 18" trout.

Boys had fun so it was still worth the trip!
            Last edited by Jet Black; 08-04-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
              Tough fishing on surfside yesterday evening. 3rd cast once getting out to the 3rd bar I hooked up with a solid fish and thought it was about to be on! Turned out to be a 25" blacktip. Didn't catch another fish for 2 hours.

Water color was ok and there seemed to be bait everywhere as the birds were constantly working up and down the beach and were picking up tons of shrimp & shad. Trout had to be in there, just weren't eating. Bait was not nervous at all. Ended up catching one 18" trout.

Beats sitting at home and creating good memories for the kiddos!

Comment

Hit the beach on the west end of Galveston at 4pm yesterday to find the surf had gotten rough and was getting dirty quick. Started getting bites pretty quick when I located some fish that gave themselves away slicking. Picked up two keepers and two throw backs and a couple more bites that I missed and then it died. Didn’t get another bite after that, fished until 7:45 and headed home. Clarity deteriorated the whole time. All fish came on assassin paddle tails in limetruse and red shad 1/4oz head. Still don’t know if I just caught the tail end of a bite or the water color killed it. Might head down again tomorrow after work.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  We were just a ways down the beach from you. There was like 5 pound ladyfish out there everywhere.
                  Yeah, after I got out I actually drove down the beach to see if I could find your truck. I was gonna stick a tbh koozie on your windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

We couldn't have been too fart apart. I picked up a couple dozen croaker on the way out and also threw Vudu shrimp under a popping cork. I couldn't cast without catching gaftop, probably caught 30 of them. Didn't catch a single trout.

Comment

55 1/2” King caught on a 8” mullet in 150’ of water. Was quite a fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

anyone go this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

55 1/2” King caught on a 8” mullet in 150’ of water. Was quite a fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet that was a heck of a fight! Congrats on the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

West wind overnight and into today gonna keep that surf churned up a bit. Looks like it will turn out of the SE later in the week. I'm aiming for Friday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              Beats sitting at home and creating good memories for the kiddos!
                              Absolutely! Really not a bad drive either, need to do that more often.

Comment

Fished this morning. Got in the water at 0700. Not much sign as I got in.

Started knee to thigh deep. Zero...
                                I saw a slick about chest deep so I loved out a bit. Got waist deep and could reach the deeper water. Ended up catching 6, lost 3, and missed a couple.

Water was pretty trout green. Not a whole lot of activity on top. All fish were 16-18”.
                                Have enough in the freezer so I released them. I only took videos of them so no pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X