Propane hook up at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
    I have this same set up for our Range, Fireplace, Tankless water heater and grill.
    Hi 7sdad,

Are you running everything off of a 100 gallon tank? How long does it last you? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hank.Hill View Post
      Hi 7sdad,

Are you running everything off of a 100 gallon tank? How long does it last you? Thanks
      We have only been in our house for 3 months so I'm not sure yet. I was told I might have to fill up every 8 months or so.

Comment

I've got a 1,000 gallon tank buried. Moved in May of 2019 and haven't had to fill it yet. Running 2 fireplaces, stove, 2 tankless water heaters and eventually a pool heater. Put our home heater on electric because wife said costs of propane was too high and it would be cheaper to do electric because of our co-op.

If we had it to do all over again we would do solar with power walls and bury a 250 gallon tank for the stove only.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 500 gallon tank buried at the new house. None of the propane companies would lease the tank to me if we buried it so I paid cash for it and the install. The only good thing about that is we aren’t under contract and can buy from any source at the best rates.

We have a propane stove cooktop, 2 hot water heaters and 2 fireplaces with gas logs. I also have a backup generator converted to LP for when the SHTF.

Comment

Have buried 500 gallon. Only things propane are tankless water heaters, quick connects on porches and shop, and a 22kw generac. Lasts us a while. Lol

Comment

I bought a used 500gal subterranean tank when we were building our 3350sft home 6 years ago. Had my septic guy bury it with two sacrificial anode bags. It fuels the furnace, tankless water heater, spa heater, gas logs, & 48" commercial-style range. My outdoor kitchen grill/side burner are plumbed in but not functional yet. I generally fill the tank once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank.Hill View Post
                Hi tpack,

Can you share with us how the propane tank is working out for you? Are you still using it for just your fireplace and cook top? Is it a 100 gallon tank? How often do you need to have it refilled? Thanks!
                The first full tank lasted 3 years. We used the fireplace(25,000 BTU with blower) for pretty cold days only and 3-5 hours when we did. We also cook at home a lot using the cook top.

I refilled the tank last year about this time. Glad I did too. We ran the fireplace for almost 7 straight days when the 2021 winter storm hit. We never ran out of propane and it was at 30% when I had it refilled last month.

Comment

Propane is the way to go . We use it for cooking and the water heater . We are on a stay full program. Bout once a quarter they come top off the tank .

Comment

We have a 500 above ground for heat, cooktop, dryer, water heaters. Love it, it's the way to go.

Can't have natural gas in our area because the soil is too unstable to run the lines around the area for residential service. For the same reason, we can't bury a propane tank.

If the ground is safe, I would opt for the buried tank. Soil will keep it cool, and you'll see less fluctuation in volume between winter/summer. Our above ground tank only gets filled to 40% during the summer due to heat & expansion.

Comment

Working...
                    X