No announcement yet.

Help: Ranger Crew or Can Am Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a Ranger since 2013...it's been fine...but the best thing to buy with a ranger is an extended warranty, you'll need it.

I'll buy a can am or mule next time without a doubt

Comment

The frames and metal in general on a Ranger are junk and rust quickly. If you buy a new one every 3-4 years a Ranger is fine, if your easy on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
        I've had a Ranger since 2013...it's been fine...but the best thing to buy with a ranger is an extended warranty, you'll need it.

I'll buy a can am or mule next time without a doubt
        They both have an Ag program going right now that is $1500 off and I think a year of warranty, apparently Can Am shamed Polaris into it when they started the program. I've had Rangers since 01 or 02, never needed extended warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
          They both have an Ag program going right now that is $1500 off and I think a year of warranty, apparently Can Am shamed Polaris into it when they started the program. I've had Rangers since 01 or 02, never needed extended warranty.
          I got an additional 2.5 years of warranty free with my Defender when I purchased it for using our ag exemption. Made it a 3 year warranty total, which I haven’t needed yet in 2.5 years. Hope it remains that way.

Comment

Have one, can’t do all that a sxs can but I do agree it is a lot of fun.
            Then you're doing it wrong!
            I've taken my old FZJ80 way further than any SxS ever thought of going. The SxS guys said the same thing @ Hidden Falls ORP. I proved them way wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              I've taken my old FZJ80 way further than any SxS ever thought of going. The SxS guys said the same thing @ Hidden Falls ORP. I proved them way wrong.
              Then they were doing it wrong.

I can shoot past a mile with multiple bolt guns of mine. Doesn’t make them the right tool for every job. Not everybody needs the most capable rig available for a deer lease. Some prefer comfort And speed over a noisy buckboard that you can’t take over 10mph.
              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 07-25-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Then they were doing it wrong.

I can shoot past a mile with multiple bolt guns of mine. Doesn’t make them the right tool for every job. Not everybody needs the most capable rig available for a deer lease. Some prefer comfort And speed over a noisy buckboard that you can’t take over 10mph.
                Very true. We had a 70 fj40 with a 350 chevy set up about as good as you can set one up for trans pecos mulie hunting in late 90's early 2000's, replaced by rangers in 02 or 03. No comparison, on ride or off road capability and honestly reliability, we'd get home after the season and spend a fortune repairing everything we broke those 2 weeks on the fj. Loved that fj and might get one again someday but not for hunting out west.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  LOL...I've never played at an ORP on trails but it sounds treacherous.

Comment

Ohhh so you own that ONE ranger. Good for you!

Comment

We have every kind of buggy on our lease. Probably 25 of em...and short of the 06 model Yamaha Rhinos, the Mule Pros seem to be the up and comer for solid machine at a good price. We don't have many Can Ams. And no Honda Pioneers.

East Texas Swamp mud and salt air is brutal on rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                        Ohhh so you own that ONE ranger. Good for you!
                        Thanks, just good clean livin

Comment

I went to a dealer that sold all 3. They told me flat out that the Rangers were always in getting worked on for nit bit reasons. Narrowed me down to Can Am and Mule. I liked the Mule too and heard great stuff about them. But man they are small. The Can Am was a smoother ride and a lot bigger. Fit me better so that’s the direction I went and we love it.
                          My suggestion is find a dealer and go look at them all. See which one fits you and your needs best.

Comment

Thanks, just good clean livin
                            Haha! #winning

Comment

Can Am. Better machine in my opinion. I have had both.

Comment

Well the can am crowd about had me convinced..until a mechanic I trust that services both said he still gives the edge to Polaris, he thinks they're both good machines but the Polaris is easier to service. His opinion coupled with the fact that my wife fell in love with the sandstone color Polaris offers equates to a new sandstone ranger living in our garage. Full disclosure, I would have bought the one my wife likes regardless, even if it is just because she likes the color better . Just had the dealer install a fortress roof on it now, will be adding the accessories off my old one in the next few days. Thanks for all the input, really was helpful with such a big decision lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X