No announcement yet.

Texas surf shark fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did catch a few keeper trout, and a few keeper reds, And Lots of small ones. Didn’t make it down to pins, fished on the beach not to far from bob hall pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to see the young guns having fun. Nice catch for sure.

Comment

Saltwater is that chance Bennett’s

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
          Saltwater is that chance Bennett’s
          Yes it is chance. He seemed to know everybody that drove by, several of his buddies fished with us as well. I’m curious how you know him. Pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
            Yes it is chance. He seemed to know everybody that drove by, several of his buddies fished with us as well. I’m curious how you know him. Pm me.
            He really was the only reason we caught the big sharks, he was all about fishing and getting the kids on some big fish. Good guy, he literally fished for 3 days with us, I seen him sit down in total maybe twice the entire three days. He lives to fish.

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post

We did catch a few keeper trout, and a few keeper reds, And Lots of small ones. Didn’t make it down to pins, fished on the beach not to far from bob hall pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Someone jacked his blue rod and 80w out of his truck today in the Bluff, so keep y'all's eyes out for it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                  Someone jacked his blue rod and 80w out of his truck today in the Bluff, so keep y'all's eyes out for it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  Yeah I seen that on Facebook. Think it might of been what we caught the hammerhead on while we where there with him. He will find it I’m sure. Seems like a small Circle that all know him down there.

Comment

Bull with some real nice spots
                    Attached Files

Comment

Any word from sharkathon?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                        Any word from sharkathon?

Somebody sent me a pic of a big big fish. I haven't looked at the actual results yet.

Comment

All three were 104".
                          I think it was a ½" between 1st and 3rd

Comment

Someone needs to get on the board

Comment

Would love to see some of your rigs for smaller sharks.

Comment

I’d have to take pics of mine. I stepped back from the paddle
                                out stuff and heavy rigs and went all casting. Built
                                Myself a couple of 12’6” and 13’ casting rigs with penn fathom 30 and 40
                                Reels full of braid. Short of a monster 10’ plus fish that’s in close there isn’t much those rods won’t handle.

Comment

Working...
                                X