Lampasas county 2020/2021 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    My place is just a couple miles from Kempner. It’s 11 acres and in 4 years I still have not killed anything on this place. I have had a couple opportunities, but passed hoping my son would connect. They started cutting in a new road on the ranch behind me and I figured that was the end of my hunting here at the house but I sat here a couple days ago in my ghillie suit just to see what might come by. Had a few bucks and one was an 11 or 12, several forks so tonight I’m back at it.
    Heck yeah ! Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, didn’t see a thing tonight. But I’ll be out there in the AM. Thank goodness it’s a 3 min walk from my bed
      This weekend will be back at the lease

Comment

Must be tough having to walk in that far!

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
          Must be tough having to walk in that far!

Comment

We only have one camera going. We've seen mostly does a couple of young bucks and two axis.

For the first time ever we have hogs. They have tore up two feeder fences so far. Hoping to get out there at the end of this month to put a hurting on them.

Comment

Bust’em all Colonel

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
                We only have one camera going. We've seen mostly does a couple of young bucks and two axis.

For the first time ever we have hogs. They have tore up two feeder fences so far. Hoping to get out there at the end of this month to put a hurting on them.
                We also went from zero pigs to too many pigs in the past couple months. My dad took out 2 small ones Monday evening but we have plenty to go

Comment

We caught 5 pigs in a trap and the same night on another camera was a sow with 6 brand new little baby pigs. So we killed 5 and went up one.

Comment

That front a couple days ago felon the bucks on their feet. Saw several bucks on doe’s this morning and a couple 2 Days ago

Comment

I'm getting ready to leave my house and head to the lease glad to hear they are up moving

Comment

Good luck CW
                        I’ll be headed to my lease in Blanco co. Tonight for a couple days but would be just as happy if all I could do is hunt my back yard here in Lampasas county

Comment

Little late posting this but at 515 Sunday afternoon my target buck the big 6 slipped up and I put one through him at 11 yards! Almost bittersweet getting him because we have had a game of cat and mouse for a couple seasons now. I finally got all my homework done and moved a stand and first sit it payed off! Biggest bodied deer we have taken off of our place in 33 years. The old set of scales I had available maxed out at 160 and he bottomed it out and still had his neck and head on the ground. He had to be in the 190 to 200 lb range.

Comment

Man what a great buck! Congrats on that stud

Comment

Congratulations! That's a great looking Big 6.

Comment

Yuge mature 6 congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X