The New Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I was prepared to be disappointed with it but I am happy how it turned out. The only thing that they completely messed up on was not having a solid front axle. I get the fact that they are trying to appeal to the masses and 95% of these are going to be pavement princesses where IFS is going to be better.
    Have you seen all the off road modes on the new Bronco? I am not 100% positive, but I am pretty sure the front sway bar is detachable. While a solid axle is way better for articulation, as you said, the IFS will do all that people need it to do, and then some.

For the 1% who need the full articulation, I bet there are going to be some sweet aftermarket swaps. It is pretty impressive they are running IFS and a locking front diff. I suspect a lot of blown cv joints.

FYI, not trying to be critical of you opinion, so please don't take it that way lol

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Have you seen all the off road modes on the new Bronco? I am not 100% positive, but I am pretty sure the front sway bar is detachable. While a solid axle is way better for articulation, as you said, the IFS will do all that people need it to do, and then some.

For the 1% who need the full articulation, I bet there are going to be some sweet aftermarket swaps. It is pretty impressive they are running IFS and a locking front diff. I suspect a lot of blown cv joints.

FYI, not trying to be critical of you opinion, so please don't take it that way lol
      I agree on the cv joints, sounds like my lifted utv.

Comment

I was so excited I put my deposit down to get in line for one!

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
          My wife asked me this morning "Have you seen the new Bronco?".

She wants to go look at one at the dealer. I told her late 2020 or 2021.

She has an FJ Cruiser as a daily driver now.
          Late 2020 to place orders. Delivery starting in April/May 2021 it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG View Post
            I was able to get in on the First Edition reservation.... we'll see what they're all about when we get our hands on em. Been waiting for this thing for years..... was bummed when i heard it wasn't full size, but its grown on me the more info that was leaked out over time. This full reveal got me jacked up so i stayed up fighting the site crash to jump in... the marketing ploy was 100% successful on this guy...
            Dang! I'm jealous. I missed the First Edition order!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Agreed on everything you said. I am just a fan of solid front axles. With 310 hp, 400 ft/lbs a front locker and in 4 wheel low I am curious to see how things on the front end hold up when you got the wheels at full crank in a bind. Granted the non Rubicon solid axle Wranglers I would have the same concern. I just really would have liked to see these come with a Dana 44 solid front axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Agreed on everything you said. I am just a fan of solid front axles. With 310 hp, 400 ft/lbs a front locker and in 4 wheel low I am curious to see how things on the front end hold up when you got the wheels at full crank in a bind. Granted the non Rubicon solid axle Wranglers I would have the same concern. I just really would have liked to see these come with a Dana 44 solid front axle.
                Ford can't produce a solid front axle vehicle without the "death wobble".

Holding my breath on one I just bought for the company.

Comment

Some people are saying there are too many trim levels. When you go buy a Ford truck you can get an XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                    Some people are saying there are too many trim levels. When you go buy a Ford truck you can get an XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited.
                    That's what I like about Ford...it's not just a "take it or leave it" vehicle. I got Lariat style in an XLT with the engine of my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Ford can't produce a solid front axle vehicle without the "death wobble".

Holding my breath on one I just bought for the company.
                      Agreed that it is ridiculous that death wobble is still a significant issue with Ford. I have successfully gotten rid of death wobble on three trucks (two Fords and one Dodge) with an upgraded trackbar with a poly bushing at the frame mount.

Comment

I ordered the First Edition model last night. I can’t wait to get it home....I only thought waiting 3 months for my Phoenix boat to be built was exciting!!! Lol

Comment

For those of you worried about the eco boost I've got the 2.3 in my Ranger and think it's a great fit and have zero complaints. If the 2.7 would have been offered I would have gone that route for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                            Those eco boosts scream because they have to, to get down the road.
                            Was disappointed when ford ditched international, put a 6 in the raptor, and now the highs school girl engine options for the bronco.

My opinion
                            Ecoboosts build more power down low, exactly the opposite of 'screaming to get down the road". They are great engines for what they are intended to do. The 3.5 ecoboost is the torquiest and heaviest towing half ton engine currently for sale.

Comment

Pics all over this thread of everything, but the new Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Pics all over this thread of everything, but the new Bronco
                                See post 81.......................

Comment

Working...
                                X